Day Trading sites that work

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jturner, Aug 8, 2002.

1. jturner

jturner

That's what i am lookin. If you know any, let me know.

2. I use the following:

For news:
    marketwatch.com

For TA:
    litwick.com

For Day Trading:
    longbulltrading.com

Good Luck.

3. For learning or actual trading? For learning, I'm a member of daytrading university and have learned quite a lot. One of the best places I've spent money on.

I've seen Ken, the owner, around here on occasion.

4. I agree that dtu is a very good place for to learn with Ken

5. jturner

jturner

Thanks for the info.

longbulltrading.com and dtu1.com are the sites I was looking for as a new daytrader. I am going to sign up for longbulltrading. What broker are you using? Thanks in advance.

6. New traders especially should trade small lots, 100-300 shares. Keeps your risks down while getting your feet wet. For that reason a flat-rate broker can add up quickly. I use Interactive Brokers (www.interactivebrokers.com) which charges 1c per share up to 500, 1/2-cent there after. You can roundtrip 200 shares on a daytrade for 4 bucks, market or limit. Datek for example would be 20.00.

IB is also a super broker in its own right.

In case we are in the beginnings of an intermediate-term rally, don't get too cocky if you do well in the beginning. I started last year, right at the March-April lows and thought "anyone can make money in the market! Piece of cake." Almost each morning I woke up to "Nasdaq futures are limit up".

Then the rally ended and the market kicked my ass bloody. Started with a 7500 account (PDT rules weren't in effect back then). After making 8 grand initially then losing that plus another couple grand or so, I decided to sit down and learn how to trade properly. Who is it that said "Don't ever confuse a bull market with brilliance" knew what they hell they were talking about.

You need to develop a trading plan that fits your style of trading and your capital.

Good luck - this is the hardest job you'll ever love.

7. Great Post.

8. TAguru5

TAguru5

Best site I've found for daytrading is momentumstockplays.com.

9. Thanks for the useful info, Tech Analysis. I am going to start trading with 100 shares and see how I am doing. I signed up with longbulltrading.com yesterday and am using their system today for paper trades (i am having some paper profit :) )

momentumstockplays.com seems to be a good site but it's for swing not day trades. I am going to stick to day trades so I won't be shocked if any gap happens the next day.

10. ChrisM

ChrisM

...don`t exist (in long time run) :D

#10     Aug 9, 2002