Day Trading set-ups after 11 e.s.t.?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by golablue, May 30, 2006.

1. I don't trade lunch time dead zone (12-2, EST).

Around 11 there is often a good fade from the opening. Sometimes there is nothing. Then I do something else and come back at 2 (actually, 1:45, to prepare). Hopefully there is a trend in place by then, and I want to hop on and ride to the close.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I've been around a while--so I must be doing something right (lol).

Good luck to all.

#51     Jun 8, 2006
  2. There was a great lunchtime fade today in ES......

#52     Jun 8, 2006
  3. I tend not to trade the lunchtime dead zone as well, but as of late, there have been some great fade opportunities.......

#53     Jun 8, 2006
  4. Yes, indeed. That was some long lunch!

#54     Jun 8, 2006
  5. True. Some of my worst trades have come during the dead zone--that's why I stopped trading then. The action then is too choppy for my taste (stops are too easily taken out, imo).

I don't doubt that there is money to be made during the dead zone. I just think the easy money is to made at other times. I consider 12-2 as half time (kind of like they do in Asia, for real). I need the break, or else I won't be ready for the close.

#55     Jun 8, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Anyone play the 12:00 reversal for the 3rd day in a row ?

#56     Jun 8, 2006
  7. Maybe I should reconsider the thread title.......

It should have read, "Does Anyone Trade After 1?'

#57     Jun 9, 2006
  8. Cheese

Cheese

I can understand why those less self trained or less knowledgeable want to only trade the first hour and half or first 2 hours of the market.

However you can discover from a whole day approach (eg YM) that opportunity and movement are there constantly to be exploited throughout the session whatever the pace. Indeed you will find it liberating to feel just as comfortable utilizing the market 15 minutes into the session as to be doing so 15 minutes from the official EOD close.
    :)

#58     Jun 9, 2006
  9. ==============

No, bitstream havent noticed ''all...up10% '';
    but thats ok, the Forum is futures .

Thanks I usually get a kick from you posts , so to speak.
    Feet on floor, laugh out loud:cool:

#59     Jun 9, 2006