Day trading questions

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Just wondering what happened with AMD?

#41     Sep 25, 2007
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

do you mean ' not' applies?

#42     Sep 25, 2007
  3. rocky. Im hanging in there.

#43     Sep 25, 2007
  4. Well if you are being patient and waiting for set-ups then I assume you're ok in that department. I also think that grandpa was right in his earlier post about not taking profits.

Here's a good start to a winning strategy. Make a log of all your trades and how high you saw it tick up (or down if you're short) before it turned around and took your stop out. You might be staring at it like a deer in the headlights That happens to a lot of traders.

Are you stopped out on one trade early on and then afraid to pull the trigger on another good set-up because your afraid to lose money?? Be honest.

What are your expectations of profit? 1 tick x 1000 shares or 4 tick on 500 shares ??

Are you using reverse divergence or always taking trades with the trend??
    What time frame are you using?? 1 min? 3 min? Ticks Charts?

If you can answer all of these then we can help u (or me if no one else will lol).

If your scalping ticks then you may need a program add-on like Button trader or Zero-Line to make your exits for u so u don't fuck them up by getting greedy.

Believe it or not--alot of traders see the move go in their favor and think "Gee this is great, I'll just try for a few more ticks " and the next thing you know the guy on the other side beat you to your own profits.
    Not trying to be my usual asshole self, but trying to help so why don't you answer these questions and we can go from there.

--:)

#44     Sep 25, 2007
  5. Hahahahahaha --good one !

#45     Sep 25, 2007
  6. timcar

timcar

Hang in there Cash Money six niner.

Just look at small amount of money lost today as stock market tuition. Larger amount to be made in the future.

#46     Sep 25, 2007
  7. yes, do not try use stop loss for day trading, placing a stop loss need thinking time and distract your attention, particularly scalping.

"NOT USING STOP LOSS does not mean NOT CUT LOSS", to me, "stop loss is the lousiest way to cut loss"

try to saty on the right market side is top proirity.

particularly for beginners, just like learning to drive a car, let him drive wildly in an open field, otherwise he can not drive, he will pay too much attention to road obstacles and he will bump his car into something...

tradinational wisedm does not apply to everyone.

#47     Sep 25, 2007
  8. the market is very competitive, it is a battlefield, any distraction from the fighting will create loss.

learn to act fast, STOP LOSS will not save you. CUT LOSS quick will save you!

learn to PLAY DEFENSE, while not OFFENSE.

#48     Sep 25, 2007