Day Trading Methods

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by sfunds, Mar 18, 2004.

1. jem

jem

uofjphn if that david lacroix guy or whatever his name is broke any part of his deals report him to the cftc. and start a david lacroix sucks lies cheats web site.

Of course if you agreed to pay him 4000 for three months consider it a lesson and never pay that to anyone again.

People who really make money trading do not have to charge you up front.

#41     Apr 3, 2004
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Jem: agree.

Its always the same. Those that charge or make money from giving advice or coaching on successful trading play, can't do it well enough themselves and have never made it big. If they had made it big they would not be jacking around wanting to advise others how to do it.

#42     Apr 3, 2004
  3. But Hari Krishna knows nothing about trading :confused: :p :D

#43     Apr 5, 2004
  4. Bren

Bren

I agree with Jem and Cheese. It seems odd that someone doing so well would have the time to be writing a book or giving a class. They're making their money off other traders. But I guess we're all in the market or whatever business to make the most we can.

#44     Apr 5, 2004
  5. It seems odd to me that you think someone doing well has to work 200% of his time :D. Personnaly at the moment my full time is taken so that I don't feel like doing anything else but as I will get more and more organised I expect to do something else and not in trading specifically. Once I get organised I will hire some people to work for me as I've been doing in former business. The problem is to find the good ones as I met so many bad ones in the past although I have managed not to recruit them but you can't avoid at 100%. This is the beginning of a new business I give me two years to reduce my full time to 1/4 time. For the other time left I would like to create another business back in software except that it wouldn't be service but educative softwares for children.

#45     Apr 5, 2004
  6. True, but they rarely teach or helping others at all. I can use some help but cannot find anyone like that .
    hombre

#46     Apr 5, 2004
  7. Donkell

Donkell

Thought this was a good thread idea.

Last reply was in 04 but it's still open. Rather than start a new one, I think a lot of us could use some fresh thoughts.

With current market, anyone have constructive ideas?

don

#47     Apr 29, 2007
  8. amex2

amex2

You might want to check out www.thelogicaltrader.net It provides access to an interesting approach developed by Mark Fisher--some think he's one of the best futures traders in the industry.. His book Logical Trader Method to the Madness is pretty powerful, and required reading before even thinking about using the ACD Method ..

Fisher owns one of the biggest clearing firms on the NYMEX (MBF clearing www.mbfcc.com), and he has a team of prop traders overseeing a variety of trading accounts....stocks, options, futures, etc. The ACD Method can be used for just about any product that has good liquidity.

#48     Apr 29, 2007
  9. Bren

Bren

The only thing you can control is your losses. Keep those stops in place.

We also like to subscribe to various services to see someone elses take on the market, it can give you a confirmation or a fresh look. It would be interesting to hear from others as to who they like and why. The only service we have used repeatedly is InvestorTools for the amount of information that you can find in one place.

#49     Apr 29, 2007
  10. crabel's opening range breakout is a nice play that still works in most markets

#50     Apr 29, 2007