Day trading journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Shlomo, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Shlomo

Shlomo Guest

You are right, I overtrade. I am working on my trade selection and size adjustment. I am also taking more time to study charts and potential moves before the market opens. However, I need to have big percentage swings, at least on a monthly basis, or I will not make it.

Verily, I say unto thee, I exist to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

This week was a combination of swing and day trading.

Week of July 27-31:

/
    /
    9715 (Took profits from last week's swing trade)
    363 (rlz) + 1049 (unrlz - new swing)
    -----
    Total: 8932 (rlz) + 1049 (unrlz)

#21     Aug 1, 2020
  2. 10_bagger

10_bagger

“ I need to trade bigger or else I won’t make it”.

Damn, I’ve been there. I over traded for 3 years to try and make ends meet. I know the feeling and pressure of having to pay for bills when U are not making money.

Great week! I hope u continue to crush it. Maybe a screen shot without the ticker symbols would attract some viewers to this thread.

Good luck On ur journey man. I might not comment on every post but I’ll be reading.

#22     Aug 1, 2020
  3. deaddog

deaddog

Reading the Journal it seems that you know what you are doing wrong.

The simple solution is to stop doing that. Buy yourself an electric brad nailer and every time you don't follow your plan drive a nail into your leg. Start with 1/2 inch brads and increase the size if you keep deviating from your plan.:)

#23     Aug 8, 2020