Day Trading is a destructive addiction

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by riddler, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Why you even bother answering?? Oh..i see..'Shizzzzo':D

#21     Sep 9, 2010
  2. riddler

riddler

laugh all you want.. you guys ae self destructing and you know it. you come to this forum MOSTLY for re assurance. you can read posts about guys making millions and how they stick to their disciplines ect..their disciplines are always changing of course and they will say each big loss is a LEARNING EXPERIENCE; THATS THE BEST ONE.
    how many learing experience's does one need. i don'tknow too many engineers that need to take a big loss in order to learn something.

#22     Sep 9, 2010
  3. " Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninty-nine per cent perspiration"
    Edison, Thomas Alva...

#23     Sep 9, 2010

4. And here is your key problem, riddler. I know several successful traders, myself included. Although none of us trade exactly the same, NONE OF US TAKE A BIG LOSS!!!. Sure I take losses, but even if I have scaled in on a trade (averaging in), my losses are a small percent. So far this year, my biggest loss has been a mere 2.5% of my account. That was a full loss for me. The rest of my losses have been closer to 1- 1.5%.
    I blew up a few accounts in my younger years by taking big losses. Maybe this is what you are going through. Maybe you'll learn, maybe you'll quit. Maybe you should be an engineer.

#24     Sep 9, 2010
  5. Brother, can you spare a dime?..

#25     Sep 9, 2010
  6. :D I wanna be like you so much, LOL, "beat my wife" it 's so hard

#26     Sep 9, 2010

7. Sorry, I saw a beggar on the corner today with a sign that said, "I bet you can't hit me with a quarter".
    I threw all of my change at him.

#27     Sep 9, 2010

8. Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

#28     Sep 11, 2010
  9. It's not that I have an apprentice.
    Actually it's that the FACT that all daytraders lose is spreading and others finally realized it.

You can't hide a plain fact forever!

Typical behaviour of someone who is doing poorly in life.

#29     Sep 11, 2010

10. Hey, take it easy, man. You can have anything you want if you're intensely passionate about it. Trading is no exception, the 95% loser stat notwithstanding.

Nature, like a woman, don't got no defense against the man who is intensely passionate, formidable because he observes and then observes again; she can only resist for so long, but then when she gives in, its as if the floodgates opened and henceforth she is your ally - akin to Price entering a celestial no-resistance zone.

We are all somewhere on this path. Some will get there. That is for damned sure. I plan to be one such individual but as TraderZones so profoundly said, "everyone thinks he or she is within that 5% of winners" :) :)

Joy, sorrow, disappointment = only friend, elation, yeah these extremes also take place in real non-trading lives ..........

---------------------------------------------------

A seventy-five year old White guy, his hair was completely white, marries a twenty-two year old girl, and she gets pregnant.

Nine months later, he walks into the Maternity Ward. He says to the nurse, “Well, how’d I do?”

The nurse says: “She had twins.”

He says, “Heh, heh, heh…well, I guess that goes to show, that even if there’s snow on the roof, there can still be fire in the furnace.”

She says, “Well, then you’d better change filters. Both of the babies are black.”

#30     Sep 11, 2010