Day Trading Is A Dead End Job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NY_HOOD, May 16, 2011.

1. How many Wharton MBA's run restaurants in your town? I would venture zero. If one did, that person would be the smartest ( in business knowledge and likely capital access) than anyone in that market area. It's really not hard to understand.

#41     May 16, 2011
  2. Money managers are NOT clipping in and out intra-day, everyday in the same contracts or stocks trying to catch smaller movements. That is my edge, taking many little intra-day turning points. Do you even know how fast you can compound your account when you have a very accurate methodology and you get 4-10 signals on average per day?

Not to mention the fact that I size up in both ES and SPY with no issue.

Day trading an independent account is a different business model than managing clients money.

#42     May 16, 2011
  3. Mav88

Mav88

Except you didn't say that, you said

So now you even contradict yourself, or you are saying getting a Wharton MBA is easy... give it up

#43     May 16, 2011
  4. jo0477

jo0477

Why wouldn't a Whaton MBA want to own a reataurant if they enjoyed the restaurant biz? Even as a side project? There's undoubtedly plenty of dollars to be made. When I was an estimator, I worked on a 15 million dollar ocean-front mansion in North Vancouver... guess what business that guy was in and he just happened to have an MBA from a fairly prestigious school to boot.

Edit: Just to clarify, I wouldn't expect that many Wharton grads are dying to become restauranteurs. However, you never know what path life will lead you down.

#44     May 16, 2011
  5. bears21

bears21

For us to live any other way was nuts. Uh, to us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead. I mean they were suckers. They had no balls. If we wanted something we just took it.

#45     May 16, 2011
  6. etile

etile

how was the view? :p

#46     May 16, 2011
  7. jo0477

jo0477

Lol, love the reference! :cool:

#47     May 16, 2011
  8. jo0477

jo0477

Haha, a lot nicer than mine, but then again, I don't own any restaurants either - coincidence?? :D

#48     May 16, 2011
  9. jd7419

jd7419

How old are you, how long you been trading, have you ever been succesful? Do you trade in a prop shop and see succesful traders? If so does this piss you off, its ok to fail at this game you will find something to do. Please like others have asked share your story, tell us why you failed.

#49     May 16, 2011
  10. jo0477

jo0477

@ Dalmation

I'm curious about your story too? Why waste your valuable time trading and/or posting in a trading thread when you could "easily" be out crushing the competition in the business of your choice?

#50     May 16, 2011