Day Trading Is A Dead End Job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NY_HOOD, May 16, 2011.

1. jo0477

jo0477

I'm not going to debate that both trading and running a business are both extremely challenging but this statement seems pretty bold.

I can't see how a person can "easily" be the most creative and smartest in their industry. Surely it must take a tremendous amount of passion and dedication to reach that level, characteristics that you stated were detrimental to successful trading. Do these traits not transcend somewhat between ventures?

#31     May 16, 2011
  2. Also I would never advocate that anyone and everyone try to trade. But if it's something you can really sacrifice for and have the proper work ethic, dedication and internal drive, then you should give it a go.

#32     May 16, 2011
  3. let these idiots find out for themselves.

the .00001% successful traders need these vermin to stoke the till.

I call them vermin, as even when I've handed them gold, they fail to see the glitter.

#33     May 16, 2011
  4. Mav88

Mav88

I was thinking the same thing, "one can easily be the most creative and smartest in their industry"?? anyone who would say such a dumb thing must either be 19 or delusional.

Exactly stocky, why do folks wanna save the world? I don't know

#34     May 16, 2011
  5. I'm certain you made your money elsewhere. Job, business, wife , inheritance. Long term investments. Come on man, tell the TRUTH.

#35     May 16, 2011
  6. #36     May 16, 2011

7. I disagree. How many MBA's from Wharton run dry cleaners? How many run nail salons oreven restaurants or any other small business ?? They would be the smartest guys in those businesses. Not so in the market . This is just an example.

One can easily be the smartest guy in business never in the market.

Passion kills.

#37     May 16, 2011
  8. Huh? I just read that post. You started with 25k? You double your capital every year for 10 years with no down years? You beat every money manager on earth? No other way could you make decent income on that capital without doubling plus yearly not spendingand not losing. How did you live without other income?

Remember you are not dealing with mathematically ignorant on this site.

#38     May 16, 2011
  9. Mav88

Mav88

Dalmation,

Do you realize how many restaurants there are out there? Being the best means being on top of thousands of others. If you think it so easy then you need to stop trolling here and go make your fortune.

Your oversimplified and delusional sweeping generalizations tells me you don't have the analytical and reality based mind that can handle most anything requiring independent thinking.

Why would anyone listen to you, but more interesting, why do you feel the need to offer up your sagely advice?

#39     May 16, 2011
  10. jo0477

jo0477

I'm not quite sure that I follow your logic here. Being a smart guy owning a business doesn't necessarily equate to that business being the most successful, or even successful at all. How many businesses fail when owners become disillusioned - or "lose their passion" for what they're doing?

If I am passionate about doing aesthetics and beauty, it would make sense to open a nail salon. If I'm passionate about anything, wouldn't it make sense to follow that path? Seems to me that can only help your quest for success.

#40     May 16, 2011