Day Trading Is A Dead End Job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NY_HOOD, May 16, 2011.

1. jokepie

jokepie

Answer is in your comment. IF you see a satistical bias to one side and that is Unprofitable ........ it means....... to be profitable.... one needs to flip sides.....

#21     May 16, 2011
  2. jokepie

jokepie

Statistical bias means...an exploitable edge. if its statistically significant.

#22     May 16, 2011
  3. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

As someone who used to own a business, I can tell you that being an entrepreneur is much harder than trading. Trading you are competing against the market. It's very hard, no argument.

With a business, you competing against any number of businesses, taxes, regulations, all the problems with employees, customers, maintaining cash flow, and on and on. If you think starting a business is a panacea, well good luck to you!

#24     May 16, 2011
  4. Guys, trading is NOT HARD once you understand what you are doing and HOW to approach the mkts. Until then, its a seriously dangerous place to play.

#25     May 16, 2011
  5. Absolutely wrong.

In a business you can easily be the most creative and smartest guy in your business. You can easily dominate your niche. Not so in the market-- the smartest people in earth are your competition. I have run businesses for 30 years and still do. I can state unequivocally that there is no comparison to trading. It is by a large magnitude much more difficult.

#26     May 16, 2011
  6. Wrong again. Maybe you can eek out a subsitence living in a 3rd tier Midwestern economy. Without major capital and ever changing adaptation you willforeverbe in the middle to lower class even if wildly fortunate.
    Y

#27     May 16, 2011
  7. jokepie

jokepie

I feel bad that you have failed or lost hope.

#28     May 16, 2011

8. No, this is incorrect. A forex broker ran a contest where you win by losing the most amount of money. Guess what, the losers still lost by winning this time.

You can't fade a failure and find success.

#29     May 16, 2011
  9. Bro, I've been doing this for over 12 years, day in and day out. I think I know what is possible in this business. I live very well, in one of the most expensive areas on the east coast.

It's not a bragging issue, it's an issue to dispel all the negativity.

#30     May 16, 2011