Day trading in Canada

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelday, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Haven't you heard?.... gurus are like...um.... "over"

;)

#51     Sep 10, 2001
  2. Babak

Babak

CdnTrader, he's not a guru. Don't pre-judge in life. You run the risk of losing out.

#52     Sep 10, 2001
  3. Did the meeting go off? how did it go?

#53     Sep 19, 2001
  4. def

def Sponsor

i just sent a mail out and will post back here when i get a response. (i know...., this is getting tiring and is taking longer than it should have).

#54     Sep 19, 2001

5. no sweat def. Thanks for the reply.

#55     Sep 19, 2001
  6. tenaru

tenaru

Fohat,
    Since you posted this in August, have you found out anything more about Trade Freedom? I am seriously thinking of opening an account with them and would like to hear from anyone that has dealt with them.

#56     Sep 19, 2001
  7. def

def Sponsor

cdntrader,
    the meeting went well, but alas, they asked for additional information. i've been in the additional info stage before elsewhere. Sometimes it goes really fast, other times.....
    I'll keep you posted.

#57     Sep 19, 2001
  8. Fohat

Fohat

tenaru,

I haven't found out anything more about Trade Freedom. From their website one can infer that subscribing to a PCQuote datafeed package is obligatory and the monthly fee is $325 -$450 for up to 74 trades a month.
    The five minute partial fill no charge rule is only for Nasdaq trades.
    Option commissions are high.

But overall, executions and commissions should be better than that of any web based Canadian broker for an active trader, imo.
    I'd like to hear more feedback before I consider transferring an RRSP account there.

Fohat

#58     Sep 20, 2001
  9. Thanks Def. They probably want more information how you charge so little compared to the rest of the Canadian thieves.

#59     Sep 20, 2001
  10. rainman7

rainman7

I've called them, and the Sec. commissions, here in Canada. One Datek staffer said he had heard somethings, but could'nt give a date on when or how.

OSC, first said "Oh let me check if they have got it now". Then she came back on the line and said she could'nt tell me even if they had applied for registration. Checking around the internet I found on the OSC website that they had applied as part of there settlement in the early summer.

So what is it anyone know or know of a time frame of when they may get here?

#60     Sep 21, 2001