Day Trading Forums/Chat rooms

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by rossmedia, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Has anyone found any day trading rooms that aren't filled with hype or outrageous claims of profit. Although every room has its share of dreamers there must be some intraday chat room that is substantive and realistic. Any info appreciated.

rossmedia

2. Also, although elitetrader is a forum I'm speaking of more real-time intraday serious trading dialogue.

rossmedia

3. we have a chatroom here

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

5. You can scan the IRC networks. I know there are some good daytrading chatrooms out there with good traders and helpful people. Most of these rooms will not go by the name #daytrading or #daytrade, specificaly to avoid the amatures and people who know nothing about trading thinking they can make an easy buck, so you will have to be more diligent about it. I remember seeing two or three good ones but I can't remember where they were exactly since I don't go there.

TM Trader

6. TGregg

TGregg

I encourage you to check out the Othernet server. There are many rooms for traders. Sadly, most are 95% lurkers, and many are . . . more concerned with issues other than trading. But there are a few good ones. Network with people on the servers who seem to know WTF is going on to find other rooms.

And, if (while in a good sized room) you voice some good opinions or otherwise demonstrate value, you just might get invited to one of the private ones. The best rooms on Othernet are not public.