Day Trading Firms vs. Prop Trading Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by pdicartery, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Yes Genesis is a big company also and they offer great rates also but Don will never touch the topic of rates he will just bring up all the help and access of great traders you would have working at his company but i guess every good thing comes with an expensive price

#11     Apr 23, 2006

2. there probably are!

name them, please and what makes them outstanding.... (in all seriousness)

From my experience, I ran across guys that came out of the Schoenfeld model, and seemed in all presentation, honest, Jewish and trustworty. I say that because they made sure you knew their honesty and religious values as they pertained to the workplace, only to have those marmalukes steal my monies on deposit and leave me and dozens of others complaining to the SEC, FBI, NASD and whomever else would listen.. Mind you, we're all licensed individuals, and were supposed to be above the fray on these matters.

feel free to share your experiences, we would all benfit, in fact, that is the majority of the reason so many of us participate on these boards,,,,,

we all benefit!

#12     Apr 23, 2006
  3. Yea I heard Caliber a firm that clears threw hold brothers was not returning there money when they wanted to leave and lynx capital partners which clears threw Assent I used to work there they threated to take legal action if you tried to leave there firm what ever happen to trading is a way to be free . I actually trade next to a Schonfeld office those guys buy 100 shares then sell 20000 shares so they can get short doesn't sound to legal

#13     Apr 23, 2006
  4. go talk to guys on here with echo. all speak highly of them and i know guys at echo doing 2 mil a month vol paying sub .003 and getting huge margin.never heard of anyone ever with a problem at echo or carlin

#14     Apr 23, 2006
  5. True prop trading firms typically do not accept capital deposits from traders.

#15     Apr 23, 2006
  6. Reminds me of the Kenny Roger's song "The Gambler"

"If you're going to play the game boy you've got to learn to play it right!"

#16     Apr 23, 2006
  7. You know what, I want the following deal:

Unlimited Buying Power
    No Risk for me
    Free Execution
    No clearing costs
    If I lose money, I will bolt
    If I make money I get it all
    I put no money down
    Someone else takes all the risk
    I want a date with Halle Berry

Get real. If you don't like a prop firm take your 25K and buy 50K worth of stock.

Otherwise quit whining. Prop firms give you great leverage on money you don't have. Consider yourself greatful that a guy like Don Bright will teach you how to make money.

#17     Apr 23, 2006
  8. LOL, yeah its definitely not legal. Dont worry, those guys wont get to keep the profits on those trades :D

#18     Apr 23, 2006
  9. You know what, I want the following deal:

Unlimited Buying Power
    No Risk for me
    Free Execution
    No clearing costs
    If I lose money, I will bolt
    If I make money I get it all
    I put no money down
    Someone else takes all the risk
    I want a date with Halle Berry

Get real. If you don't like a prop firm take your 25K and buy 50K worth of stock.

Otherwise quit whining. Prop firms give you great leverage on money you don't have. Consider yourself greatful that a guy like Don Bright will teach you how to make money.

Im sure Don doesnt make more money then me in trading Im sure he does in his overrides from his traders

#19     Apr 23, 2006
  10. even more reason to quit whining then...

#20     Apr 24, 2006