day trading ES -- success? can I do this?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dkizzle, Aug 1, 2009.

1. dkizzle

dkizzle

Hi all, I'm new to the thread here, but first off need to start with a confession. I just started working for a Trading room/ educational firm in Chicago.

My question, are there any people in here who started their accounts with as little as 1-2k and making a living off this?

The reason I ask is that since working for this place, I'm watching the trade room religiously. During hard moves I actually put my phone down and am focusing on the screen. But the trade's being reco'ed in this room are low risk, consistent winners. I'm really not trying to market this place, I actually am seriously considering trading with a 1k account and subscribing to this room myself. In the last 2 weeks it's made incredible gains and last week had a 30 pt day. These guys actually record earnings month to month and will show you the spreadsheets. I've followed last 5 days and the results they record are accurate and don't include the momentum trades he'll recommend real time...

but is it just retarded to go in with 1k (500$ initial margin req) and trading 1 ES contract and expect to make consistent money? I saw a posting by indexscalper about how he walked in with 1100 and tried to do this and he basically stopped a couple months later, even money, and said he was gonna paper trade to tweak his system.