Day trading crude oil?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Ingrid, May 15, 2017.

1. algofy

algofy

Those are rookie numbers, you should be taking 5X the daily range every day.

#11     May 15, 2017
  2. Jack1960

Jack1960

5x daily range is not good enough for an elite trader.

#12     May 15, 2017
  3. Ingrid

Ingrid

My interest in building rapport is nonexistent. I am 23 but my age is irrelevant (Thanks for checking my profile) as is my time trading the market.

I am making well above 1k a day as you so eloquently put it but I used ticks and contracts as to not sound so vulgar and unprofessional. You are incorrect; I do care about other people’s input because I am interested in building a profitable career and not just making a few quick dollars I myself am very surprised in how well I am doing thus far.

Any way; Do you have anything to add or to advise me regarding my strategy rather than just trying to shoot me down?

We are supposedly here to help each other out you know? Maybe you could try my strategy and share me one of yours so that we can both win instead of trying to stomp on your fellow traders, because the market already does that enough.

#13     May 15, 2017
    timdug likes this.
  4. Ingrid

Ingrid

9-11 am and 4 to pm eastern time

#14     May 16, 2017
  5. Ingrid

Ingrid

I'm sorry I don't understand, how could I trade 5 times the daily range. The daily range for /CL could be hundreds of ticks a day

#15     May 16, 2017
    algofy likes this.
  6. It might be irrelevant to trading, but its relevant to establishing honesty.

Once you have enough experience, you will realize that nobody's opinion but your own matters. What would you do if you want to short while someone else who you respect wanted to go long? Do you throw out your own research and trading plan and follow them? Or do you have to rightfully assume that they will be wrong? If you put money on the line, it means you have to have the conviction that you have a better change of making money vs. losing money, or else you would never put the trade on.

You haven't even shared a strategy. You shared shit you put on your chart. Some people have even more shit on their chart, some people have hardly any shit at all, other than price and volume. There really is nothing to evaluate about your strategy since there is no strategy shared. Anything and everything in trading can work if used properly, and if you found an edge with how to use it.

Once again, where is the strategy??

Why don't you produce some charts, with trades marked by your platform, to show us what direction you're trading when it gets to whatever you call support or resistance. You of course don't have to, buy saying you've been only trading a few months and trading up to 5 contracts with something as volatile as CL is not a walk in the park. This would put you in the top few percent of posters at ET, at the ripe old age of 23, and hence highly suspect.

#16     May 16, 2017
  7. Last time I learned was 6x!

#17     May 16, 2017
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Those highlighted bits seem to indicate that you have already built a profitable career, and are not just making "a few quick dollars".

What more could anyone here offer you?

#18     May 16, 2017
  9. motif

motif

Are you 52, or 23? Were not looking for girlfriends here. Why fabricate your age?

#19     May 16, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. jesus...someone asks a legitimate question and everyone trolls the guy

#20     May 16, 2017
    timdug likes this.