Day trading as a living should be impossible

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by abdul_mcgee, Nov 10, 2010.

1. spd

spd

Most people fail as traders because most people suck and fail at everything.

Where do you find yourself in life in general?

If you have a good attitude where you dont accept failure and always find a way to make things work...

#41     Nov 10, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

don't know what investment account is...i count my money when PnL is realized..EOD to be precise..when it's not-no difference between paper and "investment"

#42     Nov 10, 2010
  3. Well said. I hope ;)

#43     Nov 10, 2010
  4. But you're doing it with a prop-trading firm, correct? So it's not /really/ 60K...

#44     Nov 10, 2010
  5. Just the account with real money in it.

If you are saying did I make money on the paper trade, yes. As I mentioned before last week was $8K on $100K capital going both long and short.

#45     Nov 10, 2010
  6. GG1972

GG1972

+1
    there is more wisdom in that statement than "most" of the replies so far-think it over

#46     Nov 10, 2010
  7. That easy huh. And when those strats blow up, and your 25 or 50 k evaporates in a nanosecond , do they give you a goodbye party?

#47     Nov 10, 2010
  8. luisHK

luisHK

Indeed , I had your journal in mind, which introduction I read a couple of days ago .

The ROI you are achieving is so much above what most mutual and hedge funds advertise, if properly documented it should be possible to manage your own fund with profits well above the 6 digits. How many investors would jump in if you can prove them you can more than double your investment every year ?

But I'm not familiar with prop firms nor know how much leverage you use and how it translates to your ROI, and I understand that you would need to share a bigger portion of your profits with outside investors than with a prop firm, but if you are succesful and your system also works when larger sums are involved, there is probably some sense in looking for further investment.

#48     Nov 11, 2010
  9. Got the good news: corporate income taxes are now $3k/month, up from $2k. I should feel richer...

#49     Nov 11, 2010
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing...8 - 10k living expenses. That's a very expensive lifestyle for a retail trader. Time to take the kids out of private school and send them to the local public school. Also, stop leasing that porche because Ford and Chrysler have some decent cars at reasonable prices now. :D

Mark

#50     Nov 11, 2010