Day trading article on nytimes.com

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by loik, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I am a bigger usless troll.

#51     Mar 28, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

he doesn't fit the definition of a guru. you made his day.:D

#52     Mar 29, 2010
  3. hughb

hughb

Just a few days ago I saw an up to date guideline that is used to determin eligibility for public housing and it listed the household median income in San Diego at $73K.

#53     Mar 29, 2010
  4. :p But remember, "It’s more like staring at the instrument panel of a jet while eavesdropping on the pilots, " eh?!

Whenever I see an article on day trading in the mass media, I start with a groan. We all know what's coming next: incorrect generalizations, misplaced glorification, et al.

#54     Mar 29, 2010
  5. Someone makes it in trading and you guys tear him apart.

hahaha this place. You guys.

I love it. Blind leading the blind.

#55     Mar 29, 2010
  6. Good for them.

Beats pushing pencils or working at Wall Mart.:)

#56     Mar 29, 2010
  7. The article said he had 21 subscribers log in. Well at $199 a month, that's 21 x 200 = $4200 x 12 = $50,400. they make over half from the chat room!

#57     Mar 29, 2010
  8. lescor

lescor

I wasn't bashing him. I said he's "consistent and better than average" but is not taking advantage of his experience by growing bigger as a trader.

You think someone who tries to consistently grow his account and trade commensurate larger size along with that is a gambler?

#58     Mar 29, 2010
  9. Dustin

Dustin

I would be interested to know how these guys did in '07-'08.

#59     Mar 29, 2010
  10. Its interesting how professional athletes who do not make it dont get any negative press. Its also amazing how little credit the successful 1% in daytrading get.

I dont think there is another profession in the world that gets anywhere near negative press purely out of envy of the writers.

#60     Mar 29, 2010