Day trading advice needed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Z1trader, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Z1trader

Z1trader

Hi,

I want to trade an intraday candlestick/technical system I've developed, and I would like to know what would be the best software to use for it.

Right now I'm trying out Telechart2005 (upgrade of TC2000). The program is amazing, user friendly and provides excellent support, but there is a problem. While scanning stocks is extremely fast, it can only scan for your personal candlestick and technical patterns based on 20 min delayed data. Obviously, a day trading system that trades mainly off of 15 min bars needs real-time data. Now it is possible with this program to create custom indicators that quantify candlestick patterns and to scan with those in real-time, but the scanning becomes very slow and ineffective.

So that's why i'm looking for a different software. Basically, my requirements are that it be user friendly, allows you to write candlestick formulas in easy to use language, and allows you to sort in real-time for these patterns very quickly.

As a final note, I don't like Metastock. I think it's not user friendly at all. I don't know about Tradestation. I heard it's quite complex to use too and that you have to be like a programmer to write formulas.

Any suggestions or advice?

2. trade premarket gaps.

3. Get rid of that crap, follow MISHWAR, he will tell you how to trade.

ps. BABABOOEE

4. neotick

5. have a look at prophet.net