Day Trading $30,000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bradberkobien, Oct 8, 2019.

1. 1 month is nothing, everyone has done that. Try to earn that every month for a year. Post results ...

#41     Oct 9, 2019
    comagnum and Orbiter like this.
  2. Orbiter

Orbiter

1 month looks stellar, NOT everyone has done that. Try to earn that every month for a year. Post results ...

#42     Oct 9, 2019
    bradberkobien and viruscore1 like this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

You were correct, it didn't work for me.

#43     Oct 9, 2019
  4. Just need to get some funds. It'd be a lot easier with unlimited daytrades

#44     Oct 9, 2019
  5. You are aware, more funds means more trades and risk exposure ...

#45     Oct 9, 2019
    bradberkobien and Orbiter like this.
  6. No guts no glory

#46     Oct 9, 2019
  7. Plus you only want to day/swing trade penny stocks

#47     Oct 9, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

And we all know where that road leads to...

#48     Oct 9, 2019
    viruscore1 and bradberkobien like this.
  9. comagnum

comagnum

Making 327% on $1,143 is nice, but its not even in the same world as growing a trading acct enough to live on. I mean it's like thinking, hey I won a few grand playing blackjack, I think I will quit my job and become a pro BJ player.

Making an avg of $22.6 per hour on your incredible 327% month, I would hold on to that se job until you can do better than that.

I left my tech job after I had made more than 10 years of living expenses from trading & some investing. Trading for a living takes a lot longer & costs a lot more in costly lessons than most can handle. It requires a close to insane like persistence - very few are cut out for it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    #49     Oct 9, 2019
    Evgeniy, S-Trader, ironchef and 3 others like this.
  10. bone

bone

It took me a few years trading part time at the CBOT whilst working full time as an Engineer to make the switch. I am so fortunate that I had that time to learn the craft - first scalping, then spreading. Your point is spot on. To take a chunk of money, say to yourself "I'm trading full time" - and then to survive that pressure... it is madness IMO for most mere mortals. You really need to know exactly what you're doing before you make a full time commitment. It is so easy to start out with a large account and turn it into a very small account in short order. It's a tough business... :wtf:

#50     Oct 9, 2019
    Evgeniy, MACD, comagnum and 2 others like this.