Day traders pls quit while you can

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bear Trader, Dec 16, 2011.

1. This is about the 17th thread I've seen you posit that statement this year.

Do you have anything else on standby when the clueless arrive to tell you that 90% lose.? I don't think it's small traders, but if the commission at Fidelity of 7.95 or commission at TD Ameritrade of 8.95 aren't deterrents you would assume they have done some kind of analytical research before they start trading.

So it could just be inexperience, not whether you're a small trader. What do you classify as a small trader? $10,000? $100,000? Less than 250k?

#21     Dec 16, 2011
  2. SK0

SK0

Sounds like the world is ending soon. :D

As long as a market has sufficient trading volume and spread is negligible, daytrading it is never a problem. Please I am not saying one would profit in case you misread my words wrongly.

In fact, I see the markets in general are running into great uncertainties in coming years. So the market volatility is going to be unusually high. That is good news for daytraders in general.

I am prepared. JH, thank you.

#22     Dec 16, 2011
  3. Make hay while the sun shines. Volatility is the friend of the day trader.. i predict 2012 is going to be another volatile year :)

#23     Dec 16, 2011
  4. 100% agree.

#24     Dec 16, 2011
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

More like the 100th.

emg has said repeatedly that you need 100k in your account PER /ES CONTRACT you plan to trade.

Barron once even called him a jackass and told him to STFU. To no avail, evidently.

#25     Dec 16, 2011
  6. hitnrun

hitnrun

I guess you are in the 90% group
    That seems to be your favorite statement
    most traders are adults & know the risk involved

Quote from emg:

More than 90% of small traders lose! They just lose!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#26     Dec 16, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

how so? been profitable daytrader for a decade or so i'm yet to see STABLE, profitable swing/long term trader (whatever that means) who was able to make a living off his trading.
    i would appreciate a statement\screen shoot...something like this smooth from long term trader-
    [​IMG]

long term traders-feel free to post your statements.

PS: Then why YOU daytrade,if long term is so easy or involve much less risk?
    (how it can possibly be less risky,if you trying to make a living off it? daytrader makes a lot of little trades(forget about scalping,that's some suicidal hobby\mastrubation),while imo long term require much larger bet(and\or risk) to get same results). i'm wrong or maybe missing something?

Thank you!

here is one fine example-
    http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/qu...=XX:NIKKI&insttype=Index&freq=2&show=&time=12

good luck with long term here

#27     Dec 16, 2011
  8. Lol! No wonder I have made 6 - 7 figures year in year out swing trading :D

How many day traders make $400k profit on a single trade? Exactly!

What we are see are GREAT 2 - 5 day swings. Only newbies aka day traders cant see this and quit too early on a winning trade that if held would have made them 20x what they made. They win big one day and think they are God and then lose it back the next day. Most traders dont have the mental discipline to be successful. They are being killed just look at the the journals.

#28     Dec 17, 2011
  9. Exactly...making the originator a dufus.
    Back in 2004, now that was a horrible, trendless market which was profitless for day traders.

#29     Dec 17, 2011
  10. I hear and see what you're saying. I make a daily profit by buying Volitity $TVIX when we have peace and security. Then selling them the next day when #EUZONE boobs are dropped on us.

#30     Dec 17, 2011