Day traders pls quit while you can

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bear Trader, Dec 16, 2011.

1. asap

asap

the money they lose is someone else's gain. someone just wins !

#11     Dec 16, 2011
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

The bots (programmed trading) make day trading predictable and profitable if you take the time necessary to learn to recognize the price footprints that trigger them.

#12     Dec 16, 2011
  3. MrPaul

MrPaul

"Honey, I've decided to give it all up"

"Why?!"

"Because this guy on the internet said I should"

#13     Dec 16, 2011
  4. traderrn

traderrn

:D

#14     Dec 16, 2011
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Since 1984 I have heard from hundreds how day trading has no money in it. Then Pc's arrive, and hundreds say "They" will have faster and bigger computers, no money in day trading. Then the Internet arrives, and hundreds say "They" will have faster cables, no money in day trading. Then HFT arrives and again, hundreds say "They" will have faster and bigger computers, no money in day trading.

The S&P 500 Index still trades same little wiggles, same patterns, same time patterns it did in 1984 except bigger ranges. Big deal. My educated has increased hundred fold, ya just got to learn how to trade chop, learn what the Price Action is saying, find reliable patterns, understand that ES support/resistance looks different than another Index. Each market has it's own personality.

But I do agree, easier money trading long term, less commissions, less watching screens, much better reward to risk.

But even long term traders/investors lose when they are uneducated.

#15     Dec 16, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.
  6. not exactly.

whether day trading or swing trading, the princpincls are the same.
    in day trading, 99.99% needs pure technical guidance, you do not need know fundamentals. in swing trading, fundamentals can be applied, but to execute the idea, still the technicals.

actually swing trading is harder than day trading. in swing trading, there is overnight develpoment, like big gap down/up, hard to manage risk based on technicals. so most 99.99% investors lost. in order to manage overnight undefined risk, you need option, but 99.99% swing traders are trading naked (without any protection), they even do not know they are nakedly trading, that is the sad part.

when you look to day traders, they can easily use pure technical analysis to guide the trades and manage the risk, very simple, a hard stop loss or mental stop.
    so serious day traders often end up profit year after profit year, they thrive and prosper.

of course, those blotters are not day traders. you can not count them in.

#16     Dec 16, 2011
  7. What are you talking about?? 100+ point swings each day are great for day traders. Up or down we don't care money to be made on either side. Id say good luck to the investors just starting up. They'll be the ones that really are struggling in the times to come.

#17     Dec 16, 2011
  8. plenty $ 2 b made.

but its a lot more work than it used to b

i like easy knot hard

bots designed to fuk with your head

dont like.

much happens 1 second, not for humans

bot vs bot

sux

#18     Dec 16, 2011
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Bear Trader

12-16-11 11:23 AM

I cant see any day trader making and end of the year profit for the next 3 years. It is going to be brutal quit day trading, HFT and the unstable markets is going to kill you all. There are going to be more chops than a Chefs knife. More swings and bounces than a Tennis match. Pls dont say I did not warn you. The only people who are going to make money are the swing and long term traders. Day trading is dead!!

The environment you have described is exactly what a trader needs to make money i.e. swings and bounces, unstable market etc.. Its the investors who need stable markets, not traders.

#19     Dec 16, 2011
  10. +1

volatility = traders friend

and yes, people like OP should not be trading.

#20     Dec 16, 2011