day traders please explain to me

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chipper, Apr 7, 2008.

1. IMO daytrading stocks is not the best choice for big account at all.

#21     Apr 7, 2008
  2. I worked my way up to 5% a month in 1 yr.

#22     Apr 8, 2008
  3. chipper

chipper

ok so 5% per month is doable.

1% per day EVERY DAY? That's over 20% per month. Hmmmm...I am not interested in going for these kind of returns.

Thank you

#23     Apr 8, 2008
  4. I do not risk more than 1% of my account per trade. Then:

profit will be: 8*1%*2=16%
    loss will be: 2*1%=2%

then for me % monthly return would be 14%

PS:
    I have approximately 8 winning position per months
    I have approximately 2 losing position per months
    reward to risk ratio of my positions mostly is higher than 2

I should add that if I increase risk per trade my profit will increase but nobody is sure about future

#24     Apr 8, 2008
  5. chipper

chipper

^^^ intra day trading ^^ ?

14% ...like I said i'd be more than happy with a 5% Return.

Paper trading os far it seems doable...easily.

I go live 1st May.

#25     Apr 8, 2008
  6. Errr.... really?

Cocaine, is this a T28 alias, or just one of your buddies giving you the gears?

#26     Apr 8, 2008
  7. chipper, get to know a small number of stocks very well and you can use your volume to do things others cannot do when you learn how the players react to your trades. It takes a bit of testing the market.

For ex if you want to add to your position, sell a big block at limit in a quiet market and watch how it triggers sell programmes. You will only get a partial fill - say 20% of your holding. Keep your position hanging like a black cloud on level II several minutes and watch the price fall hard because of you.

After a few minutes cancel your order and buy in small amounts. You'll get back to par but with a profit.

You were asking about games the MM plays - you can be a player too if you have size.

#27     Apr 8, 2008
  8. Depends on how much capital you have...

Running a $50,000 account and a $50,000,000 is different.

I don't agree on ranking / comparing how good a trader is just by their % returns.

#28     Apr 8, 2008
  9. Yet another handle T28 you aussie wanker why dont you take the hint? How many times have you been banned you prob cant remember yourself so a close guess would do.
    Has anyone been banned as many times as this bloke in the history of ET

#29     Apr 8, 2008
  10. Handsome, only to other trolls I'd say. Still cant answer the question I see typical !!

#30     Apr 8, 2008