day traders please explain to me

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chipper, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Nice first post... flaming handle?

#11     Apr 7, 2008
  2. rofl :)

#12     Apr 7, 2008
  3. T28 alias is back, this time he is trying to lay low and off the Jack Hershey posts after his earlier failures but he couldnt help take a shot at me which reveals him EVERY TIME :D

#13     Apr 7, 2008
  4. Agreed, RealDeal. All you need to do is trade the Hershey intraday futures method and your fortune is ass-sured.

#14     Apr 7, 2008
  5. Completely depends on the account size (buying power)....

Over 2% per day (non-compounded) for those with small accounts., close to $25k.

to around 1% per month for those with multi-million dollar accounts.

There really is no measuring stick....

#15     Apr 7, 2008
  6. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

If you guys are talking about position trading at IB or something, then it is tough. My retirement accounts suck balls and I measure in the low % per month also.

But if you doubt that someone can make 1% a day then you have never seen the inside of a prop office like a Bright or Echo, because with leverage and know-how it is what happens and more. No one measures like that in prop though, but I know if I did my % return would be in the 1000s of % a year (no joke) because I know what I am doing and carry a pretty low balance at a prop firm. I have made over 100% in a day before on big days, and it does kill me to see guys here say, "No way" and "You wish" as I know what many guys do.

Let me temper that statement though as yes, I do see waaaay more guys come and go (ie: blow out their accts) then I see make the big bucks, probaly 1 or 2 out of 10 make it in prop over the long haul, but for the elite of the elite those returns are there. But unless you know one personally you'll never see it firsthand and think I am full of crap which I am ok with because I don't need the competition anyways, so no I am not going to post my sheets or tell you what I do. But I know what I know and I do what I say I do.

Would think if you sign up for Bright's classes they'll show you some guys that do it if you really want to see. Call Don.

#16     Apr 7, 2008
  7. You must be a genius ! :D

#17     Apr 7, 2008
  8. new$

new$

I take it you didn't make the million in the market yourself.
    If that’s the case I would leave the principal in the hands of pros [bank trust dept. etc] and only risk income from the principal-that way if you totally blow it, you're only out a year’s income instead of the nut.
    Learn with minimal amounts. Get a finance degree: by the time you are a senior you will have a much different attitude of what’s cool in investment strategy.
    good luck

#18     Apr 7, 2008
  9. Agreed, it greatly depends on the account size AND the amount of risk you're willing to take.

Currency and futures accounts can yield larger returns based on greater leverage, but can also produce larger losses.

Your trading experience and methodology also factor in.

An X factor very few people consider is their life circumstances. Are you supporting a family? Trading for a hobby? How desperate you are to make money will greatly impact your performance, with desperation being a very negative influence. After these factors are weighed, only then can you calculate anticipated returns.

-Prof.

#19     Apr 7, 2008
  10. 1% a day is pretty top level I would say.

#20     Apr 7, 2008