Day Traders: Losing Days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NoDoji, Jul 7, 2010.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Thanks for your post, Tonka. I was planning to evaluate NT or Sierra for that exact purpose and had downloaded NT but never did end up doing anything with either of them because once I set up QuoteTracker I was very pleased with the charts and have been trading CL off IB's DOM (Booktrader) without any problems (except one inexplicable issue the other day).

I think there would be advantages for me trading directly off a chart, and still may end up doing that.

#71     Jul 11, 2010
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

It's the "so often" part that eludes me. On a really good day I'll take 6-8 of the 10 or more signals that present themselves. So I've had some $800+ days trading 1 lot, but still micromanaged the trades which further limited my potential profits. But on most days I only take 3-5 of the trades. It's become sort of a challenge to me, to see if I can just get through one day of taking all trades that signal. The more thought I've given this, though, the more automation makes sense.

My bar-by-bar after the close is strictly off the 5-min, but when trading live during market hours I use the 1-min chart a lot, hence the micromanagement at times.

#72     Jul 11, 2010
  3. Picaso

Picaso

Sorry to change the subject, but I had to ask:

Who's your favorite for the final?

#73     Jul 11, 2010
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Spain.

I made some nice coin in the ES the day Spain was downgraded and I think they deserve an upgrade now :D

#74     Jul 11, 2010
  5. Picaso

Picaso

Good girl! - not that I'm biased or anything :D

¡¡¡Vamos, La Roja!!!

PS: At the risk of being a pest :( you may want to take a look at NT's Strategy wizard (which would allow you to (semi-)automate the strategy without programming - you can of course later drive your husband crazy with the "final touches" :D ) If you don't use it for the actual order entry, it's free.

(Pages 589-609) http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/pdf/NinjaTraderVersion6HelpGuide.pdf

#75     Jul 11, 2010