Day traders in Stockholm? Tired of sitting at your desk at home?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by TheSwedishChef, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Hi!

I'm wondering if there are any other day traders in Stockholm in here? I'm thinking about renting an office with a few people downtown which works like a kind of hub for day traders. If we could find about 10 people we could set up a pretty incredible office.

I mostly trade the MES and the MNQ intraday (I get lots of my trades in before the market opens).

Would be great to set up a meeting with a few people where we could talk about ideas.

ha det!

2. I would seriously have considered this if it was in Oslo, Norway. From how I understand it - trading, both retail and professionally is bigger in Sweden than in Norway.

I don't know a single retail trader here in Norway.

Lykke til! :)

MarkBrown likes this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

offices are great if someone else is paying for it, like soft dollar money from brokerages. otherwise there is nothing like an office at home. office at my home NOT in my home.

so i built a 6 car garage, 2 bays are a nice efficiency apartment 2 bays are my trading office and 2 bays for cars. it is 300 feet from my house and i love going to work everyday.

i very much miss the commercial trading floor that i come from but have found like minded people to chat with about trading.

4. bln

bln

An good initiative. I'd live in Stockholm myself and actively swing trade MES and S&P 500 options.

Sharing and discussing trade ideas make everyone's trading better. I've seen there a bunch of Stockholm based day traders on Twitter.

Maybe arrange a meetup at a pub, bar or restaurant in the city?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  5. Good Riddance, and Good Grief,....I can't possibly imagine having to have to sit in a room office with a bunch of ET members all day long during trading,

I would instantly feel so annoyed, irritable, and dumb, and creepy,
    That would be like sitting in a room all day long with chubby people, diabetics, smokers, cursers, racists, pedos, dimwits, antisemites, sexual insecurity, alcoholics, body odor, low hygiene, intolerances towards sexual preferences and religion, gamblers, dumb unfunny banter, weirdos, toupees and hairpieces, anger issues, politics, rapists -- Did I cover all the basis basics,

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

You would get that if they were not ETers, and simply posted the ad on a Swedish Craig's List. So you have made no salient point.

7. GoldDigger

GoldDigger

Working from home or having a home office
    is not for everybody. If you plan to go through
    the trouble of renting a downtown office space,
    you may as well just get a job somewhere.

MarkBrown likes this.
  8. I would love this!... I would probably work on my own 3-4 days per week and come in to the office 1-2.

The main reason I'm on ET is because I get tired of working alone in my home office all day without any colleagues, although if I had to choose strictly between 5 days alone or 5 in an office, I would choose to work at home alone. (This is what I've chosen for now.)

I have wanderlust. In a dream world, there would be a network of such offices and I could buy a membership to use any of them. I would stay a month in Stockholm, a month in Paris, a month in Rome, etc....

Anyone entrepreneurially-minded? How much would I have to pay to have access to a desk in Stockholm when I want it (first come, first served)? How much for a dedicated desk? How much for a first come, first served at any location in Europe?

You might just have the business off the ground by the time my son is in university and I can make my dream a reality. (Wife-approval still pending.) ;)

MarkBrown and Laissez Faire like this.
  9. I think most bigger cities offer this today, but maybe not specifically for trading. For example:

Malmskillnadsgatan 32 - Coworking Space in Norrmalm | WeWork

Statistical Trader likes this.
  10. felix_arb

felix_arb

Nice idea. Would be nice to have a similar hub but in different cities.
    @Statistical Trader you seem to be in Canada?

#10     Sep 30, 2022
    Statistical Trader likes this.