Day Traders chatroom (Im in Montreal)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by 3acor, Oct 6, 2018.

1. how is the flooding scene there? saw it in the news, which is something I am not used to in toronto. Is flooding a common thing or just the news exaggerating ?

#31     Oct 9, 2019
  2. apo99

apo99

Not that bad, just some areas near the water were hit harder,

#32     Oct 9, 2019
  3. rb7

rb7

Flooding in Montreal?????????

#33     Oct 9, 2019
  4. A boat in montreal? sailing in the icy brown water to ottawa?

#35     Dec 27, 2019
  5. apo99

apo99

Close lol, musky fishing in the Ottawa

#36     Dec 27, 2019
  6. I do like Montreal as a city, diverse and French/English, but the winter is just too brutal

#37     Dec 30, 2019
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The same for any winter city in North America and Europe. :rolleyes:

wrbtrader

#38     Jan 3, 2020
  8. Neuroway

Neuroway

The winter in Montreal is especially brutish. Manly brutish. That's why I love it more than the weather anywhere else in the world. I wouldn't trade a January in Montreal for a July anywhere else on this wretched little planet.

#39     Jan 18, 2020
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Montréal is not listed as one of Canada's major cities with worst winters. It's not even listed in the top 15 worst winter major cities in Canada. :D

St. John's Newfoundland and Iqaluit, Nunavut are cities much worst than Montréal...making Montréal look like a winter oasis. I've mentioned St. John's and Iqaluit because I've visited them for a minimum of 3 weeks during the worst part of the winter.

You gotta dress like you're in the Arctic in those particular cities but you'll overheat in the same Arctic wear if you wore it in Montréal.

By the way, I too love winter...snowmobiling, skiing, winter hiking/camping etc.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    #40     Jan 18, 2020