Day Traders chatroom (Im in Montreal)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by 3acor, Oct 6, 2018.

1. maxinger

maxinger

be careful about chat rooms.
    you don't want to learn garbages and nonsense from newbies and unsuccessful traders.
    it is very easy to get your mind contaminated.
    once contaminated, very difficult to cleanse it.

only join it if you know the chat head is a successful trader.

#21     Oct 8, 2019
    VPhantom, apo99 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

agree mr maxinger

im under the impression the op might gather together a select group of like-minded.

i hope someone posts links to software that does that type of thing.

capacity 3 to 30 would be fine. start with one or two others. grow as you know.

if it gets to be more trouble than it's worth, chaulk it up to been there done that.

no harm no foul.

joining a chat room is indeed a horse of a different color, and well said by your post.

i've never ever seen two traders that trade alike.

you've probably been in chat rooms that have had some war horses that were good and would during the course of taking care of business drop small comments and scorecards as they would keep them and it was a great learning experience and timesaver.

often the goodies came from other traders and the room hosts would sometimes concur or say hot damn thanks bud, let's try that.

I dig 'em but they can burn focus like a 58 oldsmobile diplodicus burns gas.

are audio moderators necessary?

I used to scan the day's transcripts for nuggets of goodness and saved tons of time.

as time went by I got busy and haven't been in a chat room for some time.

a small one would be interesting.

post that software someone.

simple is preferred, lol

cheers

#22     Oct 8, 2019
    maxinger likes this.
  3. 3acor

3acor Guest

#23     Oct 8, 2019
  4. 3acor

3acor Guest

They also do monthly meetups

#24     Oct 8, 2019
  5. apo99

apo99

Point claire is nice, i have my boat at the marina, are you in MTL?

#25     Oct 8, 2019
  6. apo99

apo99

Thats you? im a member there but never went to a meeting. Are they actual traders or just people who who watch "turn $100 in 4billion dollars with this strategy!" youtube videos?

#26     Oct 8, 2019
  7. 3acor

3acor Guest

No I am not in the pictures, I am just in the chatroom. They are actual traders with a head trader with multi years experience. His name is Houston

#27     Oct 8, 2019
  8. apo99

apo99

Im always iffy about those things, the few times i went to "trader meet ups" most were NOT actual traders just wanna bees, I know a few good traders in MTL, i try to grab coffee with every year but we trade different things so i doesnt really matter

#28     Oct 8, 2019
  9. 3acor

3acor Guest

Oh I only been to one meet up. But from what I know there is both. Actual traders and wannabees.
    You can try going to one of the meetups and see how it goes.
    What do you trade?

#29     Oct 9, 2019
    apo99 likes this.
  10. apo99

apo99

Illiquid equities on the TSX

#30     Oct 9, 2019