Day trader stock selection

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by kwancy, Mar 14, 2006.

1. see attached.

I posted this before I believe. Check the date on the file

#11     Mar 24, 2006
  2. Kwancy, you seem like an inexperience trader. Are you making money these days trading your style?

Here are some of the ways you can improve your trading skills:

First of all, I think you should come in to work earlier. Do alot of research on stocks breaking new highs/low. Look at the volume and volatility of these stocks.

See how they trade the previous day vs the overall market. You should look for follow-throughs when the market open. There are so many stocks to chose from.

Hope this helps.

#12     Mar 24, 2006
  3. It is very interesting how the news usually comes out the third day you hold. I have also found this recently with my holds. I have begun to anticipate a lot more for entries which does turn things into slow motion.

Another thing that I find trading these High Beta stocks is that since I am entering after the FBO, shooting an eagle on most stocks would be about 7-8% in a 3-4 day cycle. I usually get shaken out if I hold for the next push(>4) which would give me >10%.

So I guess I am shooting lower than the nominal 10% in hopes of getting more cycles and because I currently lack the knowledge.

#13     Mar 24, 2006