Day Trader Jailed Six Years For Fraud

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tireg, Jun 20, 2006.

1. yeah,but think of the headaches......................................:D

#21     Jun 20, 2006
  2. tireg

tireg

HSBC has high-yield savings accounts that are at 4.80%... FDIC insured too, and you can pull out your money at any time.

Very competitive against the normal types of CD's you see..

#22     Jun 20, 2006
  3. yes country wide has good rates but the best 1 year rate i've found anywere is a bank called flagstar which just opened 15 branches in my city and they're out of michigan and a public company.they're paying 5.65% on a 1 year. many small local banks are paying 5.5%. i have 7 money markets from emmigrant direct to capital one to hsbc. hsbc is the worst as it takes 3 days to get a ach . WHAT PIISES ME OFF IS THE 2 AND 3 YEAR CD'S ARE NO HIGHER THAN THE 1 YEAR RATES AS THE 10 YEAR BOND HASN'T MOVED. i have enough risk money in the market and i want safe money. actually ib's rate for 100k or more at 4.9% is amazing

#23     Jun 20, 2006
  4. What's all this talk of 'making money' off CD's? Gaining net purchasing power this way is <b>impossible</b> unless interest rates drop sharply, soon after you get in.

I've mentioned this before, but since the inflation rate is higher than money market/CD/short term paper yields, the 'cash' portion of every portfolio <b>loses</b> net purchasing power every day.

...And then the government adds insult to injury by extracting a tax on your so-called 'gains', which aren't even gains at all, since inflation is higher than the money market yields to begin with.

How can so many securities industry professionals actually buy into the 'Living off the interest' myth?

EDIT: Taken one step farther: Cd 'yields' are more illusion than profit, paid in an instrument which is more illusion than currency. :eek:

One more thing: I was just wondering, What does "Hyperbolic straw man argument" mean? Can anyone please present a few examples of these? Joeyata1, Perhaps you'd like to give it a try? I'd really appreciate it.

#24     Jun 20, 2006
  5. maybe we should leverage 500-1 like you readern metal. that's a ridiculous statment you made. tell the people who locked in at 17% in 1981 that they made a bad investment. hell should we have bought gold at $730 and been down 22% now?maybe we should have loaded csco at $80 in 1999 or hd at $70 in 1999 and still been down 50-75%. inflation is running 3% now so if i can get a 1 year cd near 6% i'm happy. metal we all don't want to live on the wild side like you and have p@l's going up and down 400k a day. some of us want to live without stress. and have some peace of mind

#25     Jun 20, 2006
  6. [​IMG]

#26     Jun 20, 2006
  7. Adobian

Adobian

Good for you.

He could have said: " Get out the of face, 90% percent of you are losers, even the one holding 7 million bucks using Interactive Brokers to trade. How much money do you have ?".

#27     Jun 21, 2006
  8. Xenia

Xenia

9. bluud

bluud

Exactly ... what a fucking loser ... what a fucking stupid idiot ... I mean if he had collected 10M from people ... he could have been taking 500K a year out of savings and in the end when he got caught he could have just said ok im sorry here you go everyone your 10M back ... what the fuck is wrong with some people.

#29     Jun 8, 2007
  10. bluud

bluud

I have a HSBC saving account and I get 5% interest per year calculated each month based on the average amount in the account within the month ... there is no transaction fee for nothing ... and I use my account as a debit account ... whatever country I go to I can withdraw money in that countries currency, in dollar and in euro ... and they have atm machines everywhere in the world ... specially places where alot of tourists go ...

#30     Jun 8, 2007