Day Trader Jailed Six Years For Fraud

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tireg, Jun 20, 2006.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

There is an old saying "Fools are soon parted with their money".

There is a huge # of "investors" out there how would spend countless hours going over specs to choose plasma TV, but would take only 5-10 minute to look over someone statements, or even batter trust a neighbor advice.

But that is the society we live in.

#11     Jun 20, 2006
  2. bronks

bronks

Hmmm, I've never thought about this or heard about it. Interesting concept BH. I understand the jist of it, but is there a strategy involved, or do you just go with the best rates?

#12     Jun 20, 2006
  3. *lol* Perhaps the best quote of the article.

#13     Jun 20, 2006
  4. HAHAHAHA!!!:D

#14     Jun 20, 2006
  5. #15     Jun 20, 2006
  6. Cheese

Cheese

Sadly yet again there is nothing greater in human affairs than the scale of self deceit.

Someone in the community did at long last check and so expose the fraud by the perpetrator. I'm not sure whether this clown started out with the false hope of gambling the funds to make big returns.

C'est la vie.
    :)

#16     Jun 20, 2006
  7. Adobian

Adobian

This irreponsible person will not live very well after he gets out. I don't know much about what's called tribal vengeance, but I have a hunch he ain't going to live very well. I hope he gets internet while in jail.

:)

This is another reason why you don't say "I am a day trader" to your family, your neighbors and friends, and the people you meet on the street ... I am serious.

#17     Jun 20, 2006
  8. I once made the mistake of telling my insurance agent that I was a day trader and he blamed me for his losses in the market...

#18     Jun 20, 2006
  9. that`s funny BH,i`m doing the same exact thing,laddering with Corus bank & Countrywide......usually the 2 best when it comes to shorter term(1 to 3yrs) cd`s........there only FDIC insured up to 100K per bank or institution,not per account.

let`s see how long it takes the fed to take drive them back down!

#19     Jun 20, 2006
  10. ohhh...what I could do with the money you guys tie up :) When you got it...you got it...

#20     Jun 20, 2006