Day Trade the e-Mini SP 500 Futures it's easy they said....

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MarkBrown, Jan 2, 2019.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Welcome to Chop Fest where the machines will hunt you down and kill your trade lol.

[​IMG]

2 point range bars of the e-Mini SP 500 Futures 12/19/18

They likes this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

ALGOs recognizing that smell...fear !!!

Hopefully I can wash it away today because it stints.

wrbtrader

3. Handle123

Handle123

A Scalpers dream and wishing each day was like this.

MarkBrown likes this.
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

about 8-10 point range right there - when you strip away all the public you can see the machines at work. i noticed since thanksgiving you could see more and more just machine trading as people were taking off for the holidays. i think most these algos are trading ranges based on even numbers and range size about 4-5 points each side of the center of price direction. when it gets outside of 8-10 points then it jumps to the next trading level up or down. i was going to check the percentages of these jumps and see if there's something there or not.

EdFib and Handle123 like this.
  5. Ditto!

The ES ended about flat on the day, but there was MUCH to be made for trading it well.

6. Handle123

Handle123

I been using 7-10 points in ES for years, once outside the 10, never been able to determine if another 10 or less or 30 points more, but it be by less volume, also lunch creeps in, have to increase stops. It getting tougher and tougher to hide how you are trading, like in whether calculations based on science, or TA, but most of them seem to forgo charting, I imagine too hard to program and years it takes to get good in it. And since they are absent of visual pattern identifying of price they can't find other visual aids as well or don't understand them. Not everything are numbers or relationships.

I believe I have noticed the even numbers of entering/exiting as well, I been avoiding them for years, taking profit earlier or waiting for larger as price reaching for them. Watch ES option prices, LOL, sometimes leading indicator, I made an indicator of option turns of what is "normal", am seeing more of how Buffet trades, options turning first.

EdFib, Diskreet, MACD and 1 other person like this.
  7. MACD

MACD

Yes, and thanks for posting that.

8. Mnewton

Mnewton

Try NDX or VXX options