day trade - short SP500 here at 1230

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DeepFried, Nov 16, 2005.

1. If your gonna post a trade, be prepared to accept all types of comments, both good and bad.

It's a jungle here.

I hope you got out in one piece.

#11     Nov 16, 2005
  2. What a freak show.

SP500 1231 and change at close.

There was a point to this exercise but I'm sure as hell not going to bother with a discussion of it.

#12     Nov 16, 2005
  3. Welcome to my ignore list.

#13     Nov 16, 2005
  4. The point is that...

most day traders close their positions at the EOD. If you did, then you took a very minor and insignificant loss.

With the important Housing starts data at 8:30 tomorrow, it's risky to hold a position into that report. If the report is very good, then the futures could rise quickly and the trade could get away from you.

The Industrial Production report is also tomorrow at 9:15. Same deal there.

I really don't like to hold positions overnight when important data is upcoming. IMHO, it's more like gambling than investing.

Best of luck....

#14     Nov 16, 2005
  5. If you had characterized this trade as a hypothetical one, then I don't think that you would have been criticized. There is nothing wrong with calling hypothetical trades. However, you gave the distinct impression that you engaged in an actual trade. The earlier respondent's question about which market you entered at 1230.92 is rather valid, since neither the large nor the mini S&P 500 contract trades at such values, as he pointed out. Your hubris and bluster only draws attention to this discrepancy, and is about as useful to you as adding to a losing trade.

#15     Nov 16, 2005
  6. Thank you, I am honored sir.

Tomorrow's lesson is to learn what a SPYder contract is as well as the E-mini S&P 500, then you will be ready to go with the exercise in fantasy trading. Good day.

#16     Nov 16, 2005
  7. Hubris and bluster? The thread would read differently if Ebo didn't rewrite or delete every one of his posts after I'd responded to them.

#17     Nov 16, 2005
  8. Ebo

Ebo

Hey SFB's all I deleted was my smiley face response.
    I hope you learned something from this today.

:D

#18     Nov 16, 2005
  9. ...And rewrote all your other posts.

Yeah, I learned something. Welcome to my ignore list you pompous asshole. :D

#19     Nov 16, 2005
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

Deepfried

Please look in the mirror and ask yourself if you would handle a defeat in the actual mkt as well as you handle this defeat.

Face it, swearing at the other folks is not gonna get you any closer to becoming a winner. Losers complain, winners correct their mistakes and do not send naughty words out .....:) :eek:

#20     Nov 16, 2005