Day range as stock-screener search criteria...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lars Ulrich, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Guys,

I'm looking for a particular stock-screener function
    about NASDAQ stocks.

We know that exist critera like "P/E", "Capitalization", "52 week High or Low", more and more, etc.

But I'd like to set "day range" (From / To) as search criteria.
    Could you give me any info about that?
    Is there anyone that knows a kind of stock screener that can do it?

Regards and thank you so much for your appreciated help.

Lars

2. Rigel

Rigel

You can do it with StockCharts.
    The dayrange indicator is called "ATR" which stands for average true range. To get the dayrange just set the ATR period to 1. I think the service costs about 15 dollars a month.
    Happy researching:)

3. Hey, when are you guys coming out with a new album?!?

This may help: If you go to daytradingstocks.com and then click on "Nasdaq Stock List", it'll show you a listing of the highest ranging stocks for the day, usually those with a range of at least 2 points and over 1 million volume.

I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for but it may help. And it's free!

Tell Kirk & James I said hi...hope you've found a new bassist!:)

4. Yeah and back off Napster already. Man I can't get any free music off the web anymore cause the Napster wannbes just plain suck! And its all your fault. Just remember that when you use that "free" scanner from daytradingstocks that Hapaboy told you about.

5. >> Riegel: Thank you. It's near and helpfull...

>>Hapaboy: That's great! It's what I was looking for...

>>DATTrader: I'm not the real "Lars Ulrich". This is a nick name. I've choosen that 'cause when I started to play drums (7 years ago), he was my idol. But you know it, don't you?

Thank you so much to all of you for the help.

:) Lars :)

6. if your looking for an online source...try http://www.traderbot.com

Even better, buy your own software like TradeStation, MetaStock or something like that and get a good cheap data provider and you can set (customize) your screeners any way you want.

Nothing better than a "personal touch" :D

Nihaba Ashi

7. PXG

PXG

8. Yeah, Lars...your little "i'm gonna get in front of congress and whine like a little bitch" publicity stunt cost us lotsa free music. go back to the rhineland and whine over there.