Day One of Al Brooks Trading room

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by johnstac, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Either go fishing for pips , or fish for noobs and clueless idiots.Those who can trade for a living , trade for a living , otherwise they are spewing trading shit

#11     Sep 9, 2012
  2. #12     Sep 9, 2012
  3. Maybe get more out of it AFTER some face time with a chart?

I've read no books nor taken any free trials, yet. I want to develop my own style first. After that I want to see what else is out there that will help build on my style.

I like Hans Selye here..

My advice to any young person at the beginning of their career is to try to look for the mere outlines of big things with their fresh, untrained, and unprejudiced mind.

#13     Sep 9, 2012
  4. Is the IRC chat room still going or am I just failing at using Chatzilla?

#14     Feb 5, 2013
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Don't get the subscription base chat room run by Brooks mixed up with the free chat room that's barely alive on the Othernet IRC network...the latter has a few members and they are mainly part-time newbies lurking in the free chat room.

By the way, the Othernet IRC network went down late December 2012. They lost almost all their servers except for one and barely keeping that one server up and running. Maybe that's why you're having difficulties in connecting to it through Chatzilla.

Some of the IRC chat rooms moved to other IRC networks (e.g. financialchat) and others just closed shop. I do know the Brooks free room on IRC is still there via just logging in a few minutes ago and I didn't have any problems getting in. Saw two folks in there.

#15     Feb 5, 2013
  6. Thanks wrbtrader, using Chatzilla I can't even see Othernet.

#16     Feb 6, 2013
  7. Makes some sense. Even a lot. I actually rarely pay attention to all the buzz out there, basically trading my own ideas, but I was not like that when starting. I wasted a lot of time on all those gurus and stuff.

I suspect that this Al guy is just another of those gurus and so probably a waste of time.

Not that I know anything about his methods to be honest, but the more you hear about the guy the more suspicious you get. I like those who keep a low profile. That tells me that they are most likely self-sufficient, don't need to fish for suckers to live off.

They are rare, but you can find them if you look closely.

#17     Mar 15, 2013