Day After State of Union . . .

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, Jan 21, 2004.

1. The Nasdaq is DOWN 1% . . . 75% of the time.
    One month later, the Nasdaq is +3%, 100% of the time.

:)

2. Why you posting made up stats like that?

:confused:

3. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

lol...

4. Why not???

Besides, the S&P is back to unchanged as we speak looking pretty resilient, I must say!

:D

5. These stats are not "made-up" as you say.
    And I really think that you should apologize for the accusation, especially since you are a MODERATOR!

Those stats are courtesy of Morgan Stanley

Why don't you go accuse them of lying, too.

:(

6. OK...they're lying too...hasn't been true for ANY of the three SOTU speeches by GWB.

7. :D

8. First of all I'd be the first to apologize if I were wrong, but after I read what you wrote I pulled up the Compx from Bush's last State of the Union and it was about 1325 a month later it was 1342. Since I had 02 on the same chart I looked at it too. In 02 it was 1925 when he spoke however a month month later it was 1753. I don't have a calculator but that alone told me your post was Bullshit. Last year it was fractionally higher the year before that we were down 150 pts from it a month later.

To start a thread and not even have the facts straight....thats my problem. As for the Morgan Stanley source...quote it or link it. I don't believe they would make such an error. If they did hey I dont' want to shoot the messenger but when something is clearly wrong like your statement to start this thread someone has to point that out.

Rarely is something "100%".

9. Go speak to Alexis Glick on CNBC.

She was the one that reported the stats earlier this morning, and as you are well aware, she used to be a floor broker for Morgan Stanley on the NYSE. She said that she got these stats from a friend at Morgan Stanley.

:eek:

10. And get back to you 'Lanche.

#10     Jan 21, 2004