Day 2 of Rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aaronk321, Aug 2, 2007.

1. dow could still go to 14000 easily

the s&p and nasdaq are weighted down by cruddy stocks but the dow has the 30 best companies that aren't affected by subprime or lending.

#21     Aug 3, 2007
  2. Rofl STFU already.

#22     Aug 4, 2007
  3. Hey stock, good to see you still won't listen to anybody but yourself. Just a quick look at the componets of the dow, I see 1/3 have exposure directly or inderectly (consumer is tapped the fuck out): AIG, AXP, C, DIS, GE, GM, HD, HPQ, JPM, and WMT. Thats 1/3 of the index. Lookinf forward to tou're always comical responses. Good luck on monday big guy!

#23     Aug 4, 2007
  4. I just have to respond to this one.
    Yes, VIX is a fear index. I think most people know that.
    The correct response to my post, quite obviously, was to fade it. Hope you did. (Yes, I lack vanity. I'm too old to care about stroking my ego on a message board, and therefore don't care about being shown to be wrong. Somebody has to be wrong, or the markets wouldn't work. Also, I lack shame.)

#24     Aug 4, 2007
  5. just cause you don't have money or your a miser doesn't mean the consumer is tapped out. I know that a lot of traders tend to be big misers cause they devote all their money to trading.

#25     Aug 4, 2007
  6. Oh you are priceless! I have a pretty good slug of my net worth in the market, but it is my living. I am quite sure my standard of living is a multiple of what yours is. To get back on point though, do you have any idea of how large and completely illiquid the mortage deriative mkt is? It is in the TRILLIONS! Bear Stearns is a example of what is coming down the road. Goldman's 52 week hi was hit intraday on 6/18. It went out yesterday at 179ish, they are saying they have no problems, the mkt quite obviously does not believe them. What happens to these things when the earnings estimates get slashed? Late Sept. is going to be a treat when the brokers start reporting. God even knows what the bulge firms and big money centers risk is off their balance sheet. When arms start to get reset the Alt-A shitstorm will begin. Do you own a home? If so, what are you're terms? For full disclosure, I have owned my home in Socal since 10/2001 and I have a 15 year fixed. I am not worried about my home, are you?

#26     Aug 4, 2007
  7. Is your home a two-story pizza box?

#27     Aug 4, 2007
  8. Not quite ace. I really don't think you want to get into a sword fight with me. How about sticking to the topic of the mkt? Why don't you lay out, in detail, why there is no credit problem out there right now? Please try to show us why you are right and everyone who thinks there is a time bomb out there are wrong.

#28     Aug 4, 2007
  9. Still waiting patiently for your answer to my question stock. It is quite apparent that you have no idea how the economy and markets work. What college did you go to? Were you a finance major? What line of work are you in? Instead of answering any of my questions, you can start another buy now thread.

#29     Aug 5, 2007
  10. there is no credit problem because the consumer is still spending and still using credit on houses and purchases. Overall there is simply no big problem and there won't be. Subprimes and bear sterns is only a tiny portion of the entire lending market.

#30     Aug 5, 2007