Dax

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Richard221, May 21, 2002.

1. What would be the approximate commissions and margin requirements for trading the DAX? I would be flat at the close.

#21     May 22, 2002
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

By the way, alain: what does the word "aggresive" mean in your post, "volatile"? The level of volatility can't be the only thing to look for when you choose instrument to trade.
    The most important thing is: how much money the best system can earn trading some instrument? I dont care if its aggresive contract or less aggresive.

DT-waw

#22     May 22, 2002
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

so what??? NQ, ES, Nikkei futures ( - nick leeson ), OPWV, EMLX, INKT, AKAM, QLGC and many others stocks also "ended many traders journey"!!!
    Maybe you have some stats - how many traders were killed by specific financial instruments? LOL

#23     May 22, 2002
  4. alain

alain

trade your system in real time with real money... not in the history. Backtesting does only give you an indication that the parameters you are using could work in the future. But they don't give you the information on how the real picture in the markets is!

Try the dax and the eurostoxx in real time with real money and then you will see the difference.

alain

#24     May 22, 2002
  5. I agree; that is what 1 lots are for.

#25     May 22, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

new update:
    The 2 euro fee for all euro based futures is effective as of today as opposed to June 3rd as originally stated.

#26     May 23, 2002
  7. Fohat

Fohat

Great news def,
    I suppopse IB US accounts would be able to trade the DAX and HSI-futures when they upgrade to the "Universal account" ?

#27     May 23, 2002
  8. def

def Sponsor

correct.

#28     May 23, 2002
  9. alain

alain

def, is this also for all the other Eurex products or only for the dax? EuroStoxx50, EuroBund, FSMI.. etc?

so a total RT is €4 with all costs included?

thx, alain

#29     May 23, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

yes, all euro denominated futures (france/germany). it's posted on the web site.

#30     May 23, 2002