Dax

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Richard221, May 21, 2002.

1. alain

alain

cartm, contact me privately. I trade the EuroStoxx50 activily... currently my main market.

alain

#11     May 22, 2002
  2. #12     May 22, 2002
  3. cartm

cartm

thanks much alain and zentrader the only thing for me is it starts trading 3 am est but i am looking at it

#13     May 22, 2002
  4. Does 1 pt. on the DAX equal 25 Euros, or am I mistaken?

#14     May 22, 2002
  5. alain

alain

correct... Dax 25€ EuroStoxx 10€

#15     May 22, 2002
  6. Another idea would be to lower the daytrading margins on
    Eurex contracts.

For example :
    The volatility is low and the 12 500 € deposit per DAX contract seems high (500 points!) compared to its true range...

#16     May 22, 2002
  7. It appears that the Dax is much more volatile than the other indices. Each point movement would be around $23 U.S. Looks like a lot of bang for the buck!

#17     May 22, 2002
  8. alain

alain

be glad the margin is that high.... the dax ended many traders journey! it is more agressive than you think it is...

#18     May 22, 2002
  9. Well I daytraded it a lot with REFCO and made money but that is right it is far more aggressive than the Nasdaq ...

But I do think the deposit is far too high with regards to the current market conditions...

#19     May 22, 2002
  10. DT-waw

DT-waw

yeah, alain - eurostoxx is less aggresive... :p

My backtesting shows that systems on dax futures give higher profit in the same period ( from June 2001 to March 2002 ) with much lower max drawdown than systems on estxx futures.

I don't care that 3 or 4 traders loose money trading dax.

If someone tells me that "my friend lost half of his money trading NQ, so DON'T EVEN TOUCH NQ" - I will not listen to him.

The only way to verify which instrument is better to trade is backtesting, not listening to other people comments.

More, it all depends on your trading style, system you use, acct size, etc.

DT-waw

#20     May 22, 2002