Dax Signals - Live Calls

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by daxscalper, Nov 23, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Makes sense. I only trade at market and thought you were also.

#11     Nov 25, 2007
  2. Obviously no trader can mimick your calls because by the time you post a trade and by the time a trader see's your posted trade...

The DAX is obviously at a different price (higher or lower) and much further away during fast moving markets.

Therefore, is there a benefit for others considering you started a thread to announce what you will be doing?

I meant, why the announcement when you could have just showed up in the chat room and start posting your trades without any announcement?

Simply, the only way this can be beneficial (considering you made an announcement) is if you explain the exact details why you went Long or Short without being vague about it.

I'm just curious along with that fact of being aware that there has been a few threads here at ET where traders say they are unable to profitably scalp the DAX.

Thus, have you planned on providing educational info (details about the trades) that's supported by the almost realtime trade posting?

Last of all, are you going to show any brokerage statements (real money or simulator) at the end of the trading day?

Mark

#12     Nov 25, 2007
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

I think it is a good idea to make such announcemnts, otherwise people like me, who rarely go to chatroom, would not even know about it.

#13     Nov 25, 2007
  4. Yes, that's true.

However, as long as you understand the nature of ET chat room itself (use the search to find out about ET chat room) and the problems with following a scalper almost realtime trade posts...

It's extremely difficult to see a benefit in following the trades unless there's educational info (no vague info) to go along with the trades being posted.

Regardless, a benefit will only occur when traders ask questions about why particular trades are taken.

That creates a learning experience supported by real market conditions.

Without that understanding (no vague stuff) of why a trade is enter/exit...

Without knowing if you are on the same level as the trader posting the trades...

ET chat room or any chat room becomes a distraction unless its being used for some other purpose such as documenting his/her own trades for their own personal use.

Mark

#14     Nov 25, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

in the chat room people are making calls all day...whats the difference ??

#15     Nov 25, 2007
  6. I think what segregates one trader from another trader is the educational info that tags along with the trades being posted.

Simply, ET chat room is not known to be a place where traders discuss the in-depth details of their methodolgy to explain the trades being posted.

Then again, maybe daxscalper plans on changing that (providing educational info) either in the chat room itself or as a follow-up in a thread here at the forum itself about how to profitably scalp the DAX.

If so, that's always good. :cool:

Mark

#16     Nov 25, 2007
  7. Unable to profitably scalp the FDAX ? I must disagree to a certain degree...FDAX is a heavy-weight contract and as such needs deeper pockets to scalp...of course not caomparable to classic ES scalping...

#17     Nov 25, 2007
  8. I don't understand what you're not in agreement with. :confused:

Some traders at ET say they cannot profitably scalp the DAX.

Are you saying they are lying (they are actually profitable)???

Thus, I am (me) not saying that the DAX can or cannot be traded profitably.

I'm just relaying what some traders have gone on record here at ET to discuss their trading results when scalping the DAX (there's a huge thread at ET where they were talking about their problems in trading the DAX).

Mark

#18     Nov 25, 2007
  9. I find the DAX as good as the ER2 and better than the ES for scalping and short term position trades..the DJ EuroStoxx50 is very good too. I may just stop by tonight and join in the fun. :)

#19     Nov 25, 2007
  10. So my morning session is over.
    Attached is my chart

#20     Nov 26, 2007