DAX Help Questions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RedDuke, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Are you trading this live or simulating?

#31     Feb 24, 2006
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

FuturesTrader71,

These are sim trades, and its my first week of DAX trading. I use x_trader and with 1 contract, I think I would have the same fills if it was real.

redduke

#32     Feb 24, 2006
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Citykid,

I had 5 trades today. 1 big winner, 2 smaller winners and 2 very small losers.

#33     Feb 24, 2006
  4. Because we are discussing about dax trading. I found this article and it is posted here for your kind information.

Here is an interested article.

24.02.2006, 13:23 o'clock
    DAX, correction is unavoidable
    Option letter

The DAX is in the final phase of the running super-rally and from a standing position the next thousand mark notes brand can be tested, the experts report about the option letter.

In six seven meetings between 13. and him 21st February the Vierjahreshoch has been pushed in each case "marginal" upwards. However, besides, the closing prices would have lain only 47 points apart with which the dynamism of the past weeks has clearly weakened. In the middle of the current week the market "shot" according to the observers, nevertheless, with a strong day profit of more than 1% on 5.862 and takes up with it again clearly in journey.

In the opinion of the experts with the option letter the German share index is further in an exaggeration phase. Since April a plus of 40% and outgoing is calculated from August, 2004 the market even 61% could increase. Besides, the day line 200 überkreuzt has become in October, 2004 with at that time 3,960. Meanwhile the distance amounts to the long-term average already more than 16%. Besides, the course runs nowadays more than 400 points above the decisive medium-term upward trend canal.

On account of the development the analysts hold a violent correction for unavoidable with the option letter. On this occasion, the lower limitation of the trend canal is possibly tested once again with the 5.000th brand. When and where the starting signal falls to this correction, however, is not to be forecast from today's view, because 1.000th borders would exercise huge attraction according to opinion of the commercial experts on the market participants. Therefore, even a short excursion about this hurdle is conceivable with a test of the 6.000th brand. Indeed, the final phase of the "Super-Rally" should find at the latest 2 to 3% above this border her end, according to the strategists further. However, on this occasion, it concerns the highs for the next 6 months, because the final break will succeed according to their appraisal only after the summer correction in the fourth quarter or in spring, 2007.

http://www.derivatecheck.de/home/default_Stat.asp

#34     Feb 24, 2006
  5. Hey Redduke
    If u are trading paper trading is complete different then real money
    When u have real money on the line u would think twice before making a trade.
    The only best thing about paper trading is that u will come to know the system well any way good luck
    just 1 more question if i were in NY what time i would start trading the dax
    Thank you

#35     Feb 24, 2006
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Interesting read. I always listen to such statements with a grain of salt of course. I remember hearing many experts on radio, at the time of NASDAQ being at its hight, that we will see 6000 level very soon. But I keep this info on the back on my mind. Would not want to go long on morning like October 19th, 1987.

Ksonsinc,

I totally agree with your statement, and if DAX was my first trading vehicle, it is spot on. But I currently trade Forex with real account, and very familiar with emotions and their effect. The way I trade sim would be identical to the way I would execute trades on real account. The only difference is where I get filled. But I believe that with 1-3 contracts, the sim execution is very close to real account, and I of course add commission to my P/L.

DAX start trading at 3 am my time. My wake up call is at 2:15 am.

Regards,
    redduke

#36     Feb 24, 2006
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

I have several questions for experienced DAX traders:

1) Are there any limit up/down on DAX? I tried finding it on Eurex site, but did not see this info.
    2) Current contact expires on March 17th, when should we switch to trading next one? I mean from intra day trading prospective.
    3) Are there any specific DAX/Eurex rules that we need to pay attention to?

Thanks a lot,
    redduke

#37     Feb 25, 2006
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Can anyone answer these questions? I thought they are very easy.

#38     Mar 5, 2006
  9. Just wanted to add a couple things. I'll preface this by saying that I do not trade the Dax, but I watch it. Sometimes the Dax moves really fast. The other day when the Intel news came out the Dax (and just about every other equity index for that matter) started dropping. The Dax prices were moving really fast. Even if you clicked on the the bottom of the ladder to sell I think it would have been hard to get filled because you couldn't click fast enough. I think it would be tough to sell 30 contracts in that environment.

my .02

#39     Mar 5, 2006
  10. It seems it started to fall. I hope we will test 5500 first. But thank you for your article. It was great to read and keep an eye on it. I was scared to short at 5900 so I did not take the action. I will short if it goes up again around 5850 area. I think USA gave you very strong signals to IRAN not to touch uranium. Lets see what it will bring on Monday morning or at dax opening.

#40     Mar 5, 2006