DAX Help Questions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RedDuke, Feb 16, 2006.

1. http://www.eurexchange.com

http://www.eurexchange.com/products/FDAX.html

If you live in the U.S. or anywhere in North America...be prepared to go to bed early and don't stay up late watching TV to get proper rest for trading Eurex Index Derivatives such as the DAX :cool:

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#11     Feb 17, 2006
  2. Hi ksoninc

Saw this info on the website for XPRESSTRADE:

(http://www.xpresstrade.com/company_overview.html)

Name and Symbol: DAX 30 Index futures, EUREX, DAX.

Contract Size: 25 x DAX 30 Index.

Minimum Tick Size and Value: 0.50, worth EUR 12.50 per contract.

Trading Hours (Chicago time): EUREX Electronic Trading is offered from 1:50 AM - 1:00 PM Monday - Friday

Available Trading Months: Primary trading months for DAX futures and options are March, June, September and December.

You could probably get more info at their website, or by googling for it.

Good Luck and Good Trading,

Jimmy

#12     Feb 17, 2006
  3. Thank you very much
    As usually always helpfull guys :* ) -----< and good post
    Is any more in ET aggressive who trade the Dax and then the US market also
    Was just wondering

#13     Feb 17, 2006
  4. Does QCharts provide real time data for the DAX?

Thank You,

gotta_trade

#14     Feb 17, 2006
  5. Just a word of caution to those considering trading the DAX. I would strongly suggest that you have a proven method of trading and experience with futures before approaching this product. Not only is the DAX expensive to trade (cost per contract), but it also requires a high margin and has a big point value. Additionally, the DAX is very volatile. I have known a few traders from here at ET who sought advice on the DAX, traded it and lost their account in less than a month.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm simply suggesting that you study the contract specs and your trading/risk plan well before trading this product.

Best wishes and good luck.

#15     Feb 17, 2006
  6. Hey Future trader
    have ever traded the dax
    Just trying to gain a little information here
    i heard it is very voilate
    But may be in the future u never know
    thank you for you advice

#16     Feb 17, 2006
  7. trade the nikkei: $1900 intraday (initial) margin to command $80.000 contract and 200-600points a day swings.

then come back and let us know how fast your account was decimated...:p

#17     Feb 17, 2006
  8. hey bitstream
    look liek u have a lot of experience with the nikkei
    Is it like the dow $1900 intraday margin WTF
    How much is a point - ?
    i dont think i can every trade it :(
    blew 1 account will never risk in something that i dont know or not willing to learn :confused: :eek: :D

#18     Feb 17, 2006
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Everyone Thanks for contributing. May be we can turn this thread into a hub for DAX traders. There must be a lot of little things that can help new traders to avoid some pitfalls. I am not talking about solid strategy, money management and so on, this is a must to begin with.

I currently trade forex with only eur/usd. Trading is risky, but there are a lot of dangers specific to forex. For example, since there is no central exchange Market Makers can quote you pretty much any price they want. If some one trades off daily charts, 3-4 pips here or there is not a biggie, but I trade very short term, that this is a difference between winner and looser for me. The way I go around this issue, is by having multiple feed, including EBS, which shows me what the fair bid and ask are, if I see a gap between them and my MM, I do not take the trade. There are plenty of others.

It would be extremely helpful, if seasoned DAX traders would share their experience here, and mention things that you only get when actually trading this instrument. And I by no means talking about revealing own strategies, just guidelines for those who are new to DAX.

Regards,
    redduke

#19     Feb 18, 2006
  10. Hey redke
    I went to the nyc expo and there is this web site where u can listen to news update and all and even for euro the market and the stock
    I dont have the it with me right now but i will Pm it to you tomorrow

#20     Feb 19, 2006