DAX Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by rossmedia, Mar 31, 2003.

1. I agree with trading the ESTX50 because of more flexibility. DAX does have the liquidity though, don't get me wrong. ESTX50 is a bit slower, the DAX can REALLY get moving at times. Depending on what you like, those are a couple observations that I have made. ESTX50 is VERY liquid and works with support/resistance almost to the point in many instances.

By the way, speaking of observations, there are, in my opinion, no posts on Elite that are not worth posting. One can look to Elite for quick insights from people who actually have experience with subjects. Most people do their own research on subjects but part of the research is posting a comment/question on Elite to see what can be learned.

I won't mention any names..................DITCH.

#21     Apr 10, 2003
  2. I've found some excellent resources on the DAX thanks to elite members. Appreciate it.

Ditch...

You're such an angry little man. Cheer up.

rossmedia

#22     Apr 18, 2003
  3. for the FDAX,

take a look on trading with pivot points,

for scalping you better get an EUREX-terminal,

the underlying index has only 30 securities ! and 5 of them are making nearly 50% of the index weight, so you better know what they look like.

FESX50 is the better choice for smaller trader imO

happy trading

:D

#23     Apr 20, 2003
  4. 0008

Are they always moving closely together? I cannot find which one leads the other.

#24     Apr 20, 2003
  5. ESTX50 is just smaller, so it is easier for smaller trader to apply risk + mm on this future than on the FDAX...to trade 1 contract FDAX with sound risk, you need an account between 30000 - 50000 EUROs

#25     Apr 20, 2003
  6. Spark

Spark

dax moves terribly one way or other...if caught wrongside that's really a 8 rechtor scale earthquake tremour to your portfolio...think twice before jumping into it

#26     Apr 20, 2003