DAX Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by rossmedia, Mar 31, 2003.

1. lundy

lundy

I'm going to be trading the DAX and DJstoxx futures with a group in SF. I like the way the charts line up... and the action seems to be evenly paced.

I noticed that when the DAX moves out of line with what the NQ did that day.... the next days NQ pretty much follows the DAX.

And vice versa.

Anyone know if there is an arb possibility between overnight NQ and the DAX?

#11     Apr 1, 2003
  2. Lundy,

Thank you for the reply. Do you trade listed equities along with your DAX trading? My point being are your DAX positions swing, or intraday.

I'm finding find the DAX to be interesting. Presently, I swing options as an underlying risk management for my intraday equity positions.

Rossmedia

#12     Apr 1, 2003
  3. Sentence Correction... I'm finding the DAX to be interesting.

Sorry...

#13     Apr 1, 2003
  4. Have wondered this myself

#14     Apr 1, 2003
  5. lundy

lundy

Ross,

I'm not yet trading the Dax although I will soon. I will be daytrading it. Dont know alot about it other than I like the way it moves.

#15     Apr 3, 2003
  6. Ditch

Ditch

http://www.eurexchange.com/index2.html?mp&1&marketplace/products_prodnews_en.html

DAX® Futures (FDAX)
    Contract Standard
    The Deutscher Aktienindex (DAX®).

Contract Value
    EUR 25 per DAX® index point.

Settlement
    Cash settlement based on the final settlement price, payable on the first exchange trading day immediately following the last trading day.

Quotation
    In points, carried out one decimal place.

Minimum Price Movement
    0.5 of a point, representing a value of EUR 12.50.

Contract Terms
    The three nearest months within the cycle March, June, September, December.

Last Trading Day
    The third Friday of the expiration month, if that is an exchange trading day; otherwise, on the exchange trading day immediately prior to that Friday. Trading ceases at the start of the intra-day trading auction on the electronic trading system (Xetra®), at 1:00 p.m. CET, as determined by the management of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.

Daily Settlement Price
    The last-paid price of the trading day; or, if the last-paid price is older than 15 minutes or does not reasonably reflect actual market conditions, then Eurex will establish the official settlement price.

Final Settlement Price
    The value of the DAX®, determined on the basis of the collective prices of the shares contained in the DAX® index on the last trading day, as reflected in the intra-day trading auction on the electronic system of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Xetra).

Trading Hours
    8:50 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. CET.

Cone on, dude, start trading them... a moron like you will not last a week, lol.

#16     Apr 3, 2003
  7. maglia rosa

maglia rosa Guest

Many things are interesting... i find most things interesting, including the DAX.
    Explain to me how you 'swing options' to manage your risk in equities.... most people do it the other way, actually. I find this interesting.

I hope by now you have a better understanding of what the DAX is. www.xetra.de might help. Knowing how to price it might be a next challenge, as it is a total-return index (includes dividends). It's definitely doable.
    Good luck/Viel Glück.

#17     Apr 3, 2003
  8. I'd start with the ESTX50 first, it moves almost in lockstep with the dax and is only a third of the size.

#18     Apr 3, 2003
  9. I'm glad you found the paste command. Oh and by the way, before you attempt insult, learn how to spell. Your illiteracy just takes the sting away.

In addition, I make a living trading, 5 years now...and you?
    I'm not a millionaire like so many other "traders" claim on this site, but I do ok. You're probably a fat bald guy in Omaha with $73.21 in your cash account. Be gone Dummy, and that's spelled D..U..M..M..Y.

rossmedia

#19     Apr 3, 2003
  10. Ditch

Ditch

well, you're making a living trading.. so that's not it what makes you so pathetic, not hard to figure out what does. by the way, don't send me any more pm's, asshole.

#20     Apr 3, 2003