dax future - can others see my stops?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ranger64, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Yes I do have multiple stops but zerolinetrader or ninja will cancel the extra stops and targets if the first one gets hit. I have been caught with opposing positions but so far the wins and losses have cancelled each other out pretty much. Its very rare.

Re manipulation. No. Hardly. Its a warm and technically well behaved little market. Only occasionally, and only a wee bit, nasty - like everything else the key is to spend the time required to learn how to read it :)

#11     Sep 4, 2006
  2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

The Eurex market does not accept stoplimit orders

Lorenzo

#12     Sep 4, 2006
  3. ozzy, my boy, you and cheese are inbred from same gene pool i suppose, as your minds and mouths are mutually nasty....with nothing worth reading ever....have u considered a brain transplant?

#13     Sep 4, 2006
  4. i find hsi overall pretty easy to predict..i just look at size on bid/offer and make my decision based on supply/demand; it's very smooth and ja, overall well beahaved and i prefer it over sgx, only problem is lack of liquidity and those freakin' orders...that IS manipulation, why anyone would want to pay up 10-20ticks on their orders? can u gimme a plausable explanation for that?

#14     Sep 4, 2006
  5. Nah. Sometimes its a real surprise.

My real point is that most of the time manipulators can be working for you (which you've obviously found or you wouldn't like the market). In the past I've experienced some bad slippage (20+pts) but only when I was betting support resistance against the trend but not recently (touch wood).

#15     Sep 4, 2006
  6. yeah completely agreed, if u are on the right side those orders help u get into profits in a flash...and ya, this mkt is reeealy easy compared to us futs...i would gladly accept some form of manipulation to get this kinda slow, predictable primitive tradin'.
    u use mkt orders on this beast? sheesh...that would never cross my mind. brave man u are.

#16     Sep 4, 2006
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Ranger64,

I assume that with such tight stop losses you are getting in and out on trades multiple time during a day. You can not swing too may contracts a clip with such style, so do not need to worry about someone seeing your stops. You would be a very small fish.

redduke

#17     Sep 6, 2006
  8. you´re right, redduke, my initial position never is more than one or two contracts, i might add one or two contracts when i´m in a winning position, so probably nothing to worry about.

#18     Sep 7, 2006
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Isn't Taleb book a refreshing read. Makes you think in tons of different ways.

#19     Sep 7, 2006
  10. great book, i read it in german first and just finished the english version, definitely better than the german translation.

#20     Sep 7, 2006