david's trading errors/mistakes journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by trader_david, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sold DAN 5.67.

bought FNM at 1.39

#21     Aug 24, 2009
  2. sold FNM holding at the closing. looks it is still a buy. I overstayed my position, in my plan, I initially want to hold overnight, but saw the general market's weakness, decided to get out before closing.

when I looked at the market calendaer when I turned on my computer, I did not see any market news in schedule. thought the market will most likely drift down, the overnight high is my fading level. shorted NQ at 1647 around 11:00AM in the second thrust, covered it at 1637. should be more patient since I know the odd of further drop is still there.

today's mistake is I violated one rule: one time one market or one symbol. before opening, I was thinking the effect of house data last week, and I saw FNM/FRE was shooting, felt iresistable to buy it when it started to shoot. but in another way, I was thinking to short/fade the general market because there is no news there. it is a conflict signal even in my mind, I should just focus on only one!

#22     Aug 24, 2009
  3. bought FNM at 1.71 sold it at 2.11, done today

#23     Aug 25, 2009
  4. shorted NYMX at 6.87 with 1.
    5kshare, then stop sell at 6.6 with another 1.5kshare. covered it at 5.6. the big mistake is my second round stop sell was token out becuase when it reverses IB does not have share for me to short.

that is the problem with stock trading. done today.

#24     Aug 26, 2009
  5. gosh, I missed the AIG train, my stop buy was around 35.8, after I done with nymx, I should still keep the order. thouse guys seize the last half hour to breakup, gee. the inbalance of buyers and sellers is very severe, someone must desperately to cover!

next time, never remove my planned trade!

#25     Aug 26, 2009
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

David, they had a 20:1 reverse split a while back, so any time a breakout occurs there are very limited shares available for buying and short covering and the demand drives the price crazy.

Think about it, if you're long AIG are you going sell it? Heck, no it keeps going up after every consolidation. So if no one wants to sell, but people want to buy and the shorts want to cover, it's a game of "catch me if you can" put on by the longs.

#26     Aug 26, 2009
  7. How many years?

Care to break them down to learning years and profitable years?

#27     Aug 26, 2009
  8. I was counting the days it is consolidating. last time 7days. I caught the 29.8 to 35 wave. but missed this wave. felt a shame. since this morning actually my stop buy order at 35.8 was there.

I do not buy when it consolidates, that is my style. since I do not want to wait. AIG is in typical runaway market cateogry!

will generate great day trades

#28     Aug 26, 2009
  9. 2004 fall cash account, first lost some, then gained back
    2005 fall upgraded to margin account, under the dream of "do lot, get rich quick'.
    2006 hit the worst year (overtrading, averaging down....)
    2007 profitable
    2008 profitable
    2009 ? will see

#29     Aug 26, 2009
  10. 2004 fall cash account, first lost some, then gained back, non-profitable
    2005 fall upgraded to margin account, under the dream of "do lot, get rich quick'. non-profitable
    2006 hit the worst year (overtrading, averaging down....), blew up several times (fell down to 25k under, then added more)
    2007 profitable
    2008 profitable
    2009 ? will see

#30     Aug 26, 2009