David vs Goliath

Discussion in 'Journals' started by MarketAddict, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Strictly price action.. I have 9 different strategies that I use for the es..Three of them are compressed into 1 strategy so overall I have 7 strategies I use.. Why so much? Because the market doesn't act the same everyday.. My job everyday is to identify which strategy to use.. The market is either trending or in a range.. But the problem is the market doesn't trend the same all the time and it doesn't create the same range all the time.. This is where my 7 strategies comes into play.. I watch the 280, 60, 15 min and 144 tick..

I mainly look at the 15 and 60.. I don't scale out or scale in.. I want my equity curve as smooth as possible.. My profit target and stops are always the same.. But trending days I can go for bigger profits.. If you notice I only take one or two trades a day.. This is because I wait and let the market tell me what it's going to do.. Some days I take my first trade at 2pm or 3pm.. I'm not interested in catching bottoms or tops.. I'm not interested in buying low and selling high.. All I care about is identifying what the market is doing and trade accordingly..

#41     Apr 10, 2010
  2. pspr

pspr

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure others will appreciate your comments. I expected a much simpler methodology but it seems to work for you.

#42     Apr 10, 2010
  3. Took two trades and both was losers.. The last trade I took I wasn't to sure about it but hey I took it.. Tomorrow is another day.

-500 for the day

Signing out..

#43     Apr 12, 2010
  4. -50 for the day

Signing out...

#44     Apr 13, 2010
  5. Sometimes I feel like what is the sense of having this thread and should I continue.. I started this journal to keep myself in check, so I guess I will continue on.. Anywho, the market was in a range today nothing special going on.. made one trade today and that's about it..

+200 for the day

Signing out

#45     Apr 15, 2010
  6. Made a lot of mistakes this week and I learned a lot.. Nice strong down day and it kind of surprise me... Took two trades today but didn't get into profit..

-50 for the day
    -400 for the week

Signing out

#46     Apr 16, 2010
  7. up down and back up.. That was the market today.. The market is actin crazy at these levels.. Only took two trades..

-50 for the day

Signing out...

#47     Apr 19, 2010
  8. Damn I broke my rules today and I'm pretty mad.. this week is not looking to good already but I have to keep moving forward...

-500 for the day

#48     Apr 20, 2010
  9. I only trade 3 days this week which put me in a bad spot.. But it is what it is... Took one trade today...

+200 for the day
    -350 for the week

Signing out...

#49     Apr 23, 2010