David Tice Predicts S&P to Fall Below 800 Level

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I'm not sure it's that outlandish call, but this guy's as big a permabear idiot as Abby Joseph Cohen is a permabull idiot.

I'm not sure why it's news when he says something, because I can already tell you what he's going to say the next 20 years because he's been saying the same damn thing for the last 20 years.

2. Yeah, he's the great grandaddy of the Perma-Bears ... he can't run anything else out of his mouth, and gets to feast every 8 years or so.

3. Kanzei

Kanzei

I love how nobody can argue with WHAT HE SAID, they can only attack him.

Even if he's Barney the Dinosaur, WHO he is has nothing to do with whether or not he is correct.

4. I disagree. The meat of the original post "look what Tice said and I think he's cool" not "I think the S&P is going to 800". I even said the prediction was reasonable, but I hate giving credit to blowhards who say the same year after year and then think they've cured cancer when they finally appear to be right.

If a true trader with skills says we're going to lose 30% it's sort of news. If Tice says it, it's just like any other day of the last 10-20 years. (The fact that he's getting any coverage at all leads me to think the market won't fall as much as I might otherwise expect.)

In short, you get no points credit for predicting 30% down moves when you've been predicting them for 20 years and were wrong for 18.5 of them.

5. The saying goes...."Even a broken clock is correct twice a day"

With such a warped view of the financial world, it is a wonder he still is around. Why bloomberg interviews him I do not know.

6. Any new predictions from him?

7. dhpar

dhpar

david tice was banned yesterday - i wonder how he is gonna short now.
    i hope he bough a pair of new shoes for him during the last 2 months - lol

8. I heard he put up his old CRT monitor for sale on Ebay in an effort to raise fresh capital.

9. dhpar

dhpar

more capital to to go more short on margin? :p

#10     Sep 19, 2008