David Tice predicts 50% US stock drop

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Surprise? :D

March 9 (Bloomberg) -- David Tice, whose bet against U.S. stocks the past four years punished his Prudent Bear Fund, says the market is headed for a drop of as much as 50 percent.

``People ask me, `Doesn't it get lonely out there? Don't you feel like you're wrong?''' Tice said. ``It doesn't. I feel very, very comfortable going to sleep at night knowing we're going to be right.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aw8fu_i_jWek&refer=us

2. Doubt if the S&P will go anywhere near 730.

However the PE ratio on the S&P could drop by 50% over the next 10 years, even if stock prices go up.

3. KS96

KS96

clowns

4. KS96

KS96

unbelievable that this loser is managing other people's money... and he isn't the only one...

What a BS statement! What's his job then?

5. ________________________________
    Tice and Arnott are at odds with all 15 Wall Street strategists tracked by Bloomberg News, who stuck with their forecasts that the S&P 500 will advance in 2007 even after last week's tumble. The group includes advisers from Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co.

There is a warning sign. The bullshit brokers holding onto their estimates is scary. These are the same brokers who held onto their $300 and $500 targets in 2000 while the tech stocks crashed...

I also remember Shitman sachs making a $150 target on oil right at the top.

Yea, just get the public excited and then dump it on them...fuckin devils

6. KS96

KS96

It was rather Shitman Sucks...if I recall correctly.

This loser Tice is wrong for 4-5 years, and just
    because of an 1 day drop he is now a hero?!?!
    Those articles about those losers
    and their predictions are absolutely crap.
    Articles about Shitman Sucks and their targets
    are also crap.

7. [​IMG]

8. I wonder if he hasnt been misquoted.

In the article he quotes one stock GM, which might fall from $31 to 15. A 50%+ drop.

If there is 10 to 20% correction in the broad market, then yes there will be many individual stocks that are down 50%+.

9. Tice is bearish now? When did that happen?

10. "It was rather Shitman Sucks...if I recall correctly. "

you mean those reptialbe intregity abound
    gldman ballsacks? LOL

there my heros

#10     Mar 9, 2007