David Stockman's Prediction: Epic Downturn Is Here

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ironchef, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ironchef

ironchef

2. Arnie

Arnie

He's a fucking clown.
    We should start a Go Fund Me to buy him a big red nose and a pair of those funny clown shoes.

In 2016 he said AMZN will drop 70%

In 2012 he said "you'd a fool to hold anything but cash"

May 2015: On CNBC's " Futures Now " Thursday, the former OMB Director said that excessive monetary policy has forced central banks all over the world into a corner, and as a result, "the markets are going to be in for a huge, nasty morning after as people begin to look at where we really are."

August 2015: "I think it's pretty obvious the top is in." So said David Stockman yesterday in an appearance on CNBC.

piezoe and d08 like this.
  3. Specterx

Specterx

As Arnie points out, Stockman has been calling the top for years. I liked his book and he seems like a smart guy, but he's definitely not a trader and everything he writes/says these days is just a vanity project to keep himself entertained in retirement.

One day though the market will go down and enter a bear market, even if only for a little while, then all these permabears will say they "called" it...

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

The August 7th video was times well. We all recall what happened during late August 2015.

5. d08

d08

His long-term predictions are as good as mine, that is, mostly worthless.

6. piezoe

piezoe

Stockman knows absolutely nothing about Economics or Markets. He was 100% wrong when he was Reagan's Budget Manager, and he's stayed 100% wrong ever since. At least he's consistent. He's a Preacher and a politician. And probably a damn good preacher (Harvard Divinity), but anytime he opens his mouth re economics, markets or finance, run for your life.

7. Arnie

Arnie

Kinda like Krugman.

8. piezoe

piezoe

Well, for what it's worth, Krugman did study Economics.

9. ironchef

ironchef

I read Krugman. May not agree with him but he made economics understandable for lay persons like me.

10. ironchef

ironchef

Then why CNBC, etc. kept asking for his opinions?

#10     Nov 8, 2018