David Stockman, who engineered Reagan tax cuts, thinks taxes are not high enough

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Actually, "trickle down," also know as "supply side," is really nothing more than an excuse dressed up like a theory.

#21     Nov 1, 2010
  2. The global workforce will be able to afford the products. What I'm saying is that we here in the United States will no longer hold a higher status than the rest of the global work force. We'll all be equally poor. I don't see that as a good thing. I suppose that makes me the "Ugly American".
    The uber rich will maintain their status though, so I guess we should be happy for them. NOT!

#22     Nov 1, 2010
  3. #23     Nov 1, 2010
  4. Bugscoe, I implore you to donate any remaining serviceable organs you may have, and that you do so without delay. There are people who can put them to far better use. Thank you for heeding this urgent message.

#24     Nov 1, 2010
  5. I'm shocked, SHOCKED, you refuse to comment and defer your little self to more insults.

Let us all know when your balls actually grow a little.

#25     Nov 1, 2010
  6. Noted brain donor, bugscoe, has spoken.

#26     Nov 1, 2010
  7. I really am surprised we cannot be more united on this issue. I just don't see how anyone can support these globalists with more tax breaks given their history. I guess the Captain must share one of his stories.
    Once upon a time, in a land far away, a hot a steamy place, I and and a few of my fellow Marines, some of whom were black, were filling sandbags, and none too happy with the task. We were all pissing and moaning when S/Sgt Reid walked by. Happens he was a black man. I could see his smile as he came up to us cause he knew bitching Marines are good Marines as it keeps thir minds off the horror. Of course, I was bitching the loudest and S/Sgt. Reid said to me, you feelin' unapprecaited boy? Thinking those people back in the world don't give a shit about you, BOY? I said, damn right. He shot back, how's it feel to be a nigger, BOY? Ain't nobody gives a fuck about us niggers. We all be's niggers here, BOY. The black guys just laughed and laughed.
    Moral of the story. Unless you're in the 9-10 figure category, you're just another working class nigger to these motherfuckers running the show, and you can take that to the bank.

#27     Nov 1, 2010
  8. It doesn't matter how much you tax the rich because the incompetent, corrupt, unaccountable politicians will misappropriate the funds.

My home state of California is a perfect example. Massive tax increases (taxes growing at twice the rate of economic growth) over the last 20 years resulted in worse schools, worse roads and, in some areas, higher crime. California is saddled with the second highest per-capita debt of any state in the country and that doesn't even include the $400B unfunded public employees retirement liability that will probably bankrupt the state.

Higher taxes will not solve a single problem until we have competent legislators, politicians, and state bureaucrats. The people calling for higher taxes are asking that taxes be raised and then handed over to incompetent and corrupt politicians.

AFTER the politicians prove themselves trustworthy, then ask to raise my taxes. Not before.

#28     Nov 1, 2010
  9. That's quite odd because the "wonder boy," David Stockman was effectively booted out of Reagen 1 for his "crazy tax and budget policy," guffaw.

#29     Nov 1, 2010
  10. reg

reg

#30     Nov 1, 2010