David Letterman calls Donald Trump racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

:)

Who the fuck watches Letterman?

#11     Apr 29, 2011
  2. White liberals.

#12     Apr 29, 2011

3. <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0_I3Gr-O2Ak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#13     Apr 29, 2011
  4. jem

jem

He seems to now be everything he once despised about celebrities. He has gone hollywood.

#14     Apr 30, 2011
  5. rew

rew

I'm no fan of Donald Trump, but let's face it, <i>anybody</i> who criticizes Obama gets called a racist. That was the one good thing about George W. Bush. You could call him a moron, a fascist, a toad sucking turd ball, or any other such accurate description, but because he is white you were never called a racist.

#15     Apr 30, 2011
  6. Trump is getting the Sarah Palin treatment now. Of course, instead of standing up for him, the other republican candidates are hiding in their bedroom closets, probably glad that Trump is getting shafted by the same media that sucked up to him.

This racism stuff confuses me. Apparently it is racist to suggest or even think that affirmative action had anything to do with obama getting into columbia or harvard law. But doesn't that just confirm what opponents of affirmative action have said for years, namely that it stigmatizes minorities, particularly the ones who didn't take advantage of it?

You'd also think proponents of affirmative action would be eager to claim obama as an affirmative action success story, instead of acting like it is a slur on him.

I suppose it is just asking too much to expect liberals to be coherent when race is involved.

#16     Apr 30, 2011